Lakeland College

Consumer Information Disclosures

In accordance with federal regulations set forth by The Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended by the Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008, Lakeland College is required to make available to enrolled students, prospective students and their parents certain consumer information. To meet the requirement, information for Lakeland College is provided below:

Complaint Process

  • Lakeland College is committed to delivering high quality service and encourages people to tell us when there is cause for concern or a need for improvement. Please email us at with your comments and suggestions.

More info about the complaint process

Please include the following information:

  • Time, date of the issue
  • A detailed description of the issue. The more specifics you provide the quicker we can remedy the issue.
  • Contact information. We may contact you personally with additional questions or provide updates.

Please keep in mind that when you submit a comment your email address will be included with any message you send to Lakeland College. Learn more about Lakeland's Online Privacy Policy.

Student Financial Aid Assistance

  • Federal Work-Study
  • More info about Federal Work-Study

    The Federal Work-Study Program provides jobs for students with financial need, which helps them earn money to pay for educational expenses and prepare them for life after Lakeland. It is awarded based on demonstrated financial need using information from the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA).

    The Federal-Work Study award is not a guarantee of employment. Students will need to apply and be hired for a position, which is a competitive process. A list of all open on-campus positions can be found on the Career Connect website: Students who need assistance logging in and/or using Career Connect should contact their Success Coach or email or call (920) 565-1483.

    For more information about the Federal Work-Study Program, please see the Department of Education’s website:

    Please refer to Student Employment – Frequently Asked Questions for further information about student employment.

    For questions about Student Employment, please contact the Manager of Student Employment.

    Federal Work-Study: Frequently Asked Questions

    1. Is the Federal-Work Study award automatically applied toward a student's account?
      No, the award is distributed monthly based on the number of hours worked each month until the entire amount of the award has been earned. The earnings do not get posted to a student's account unless the student applies their check to their account. Students may use their earnings as they desire, towards their tuition or for other purposes.

    2. If a student has a Federal-Work Study award, do they automatically receive a student employee position?
      Students awarded Federal Work-Study are not guaranteed positions on campus, but they are given priority when supervisors hire students. Job opportunities for students with Federal Work-Study are relatively the same as they are for regular student employees. Students with Federal Work-Study can apply for any on-campus position. There are a few positions that require a Federal Work-Study award and the job posting will indicate this requirement.
    3. What happens if a student earns their total award prior to the end of the academic year?
      If a student employee earns their entire Federal Work-Study award before the end of the academic year, they are automatically switched to regular pay and may continue their employment.

    4. If a student does not secure a position in the beginning of the school year, will they lose their award?
      The Federal Work-Study award remains available for the student throughout the fall and spring semesters unless the student repackages their financial aid or receives additional aid which affects their eligibility.

    5. Is the student employment process for students with Federal Work-Study the same as it is for students without?
      Both students with and without a Federal Work-Study Award are allowed to work on-campus. Both follow the same employment process to apply for and secure a position and to complete the required paperwork to be employed. They are paid the same rates for the same position and are required to follow the same employment rules.

  • How to apply for financial aid
  • More info about how to apply for financial aid

    The procedure and forms on how to apply for assistance is located on the Lakeland College website. Click on the following links below:

  • Net Price Calculator
  • More info about the Net Price Calculator

    The Net Price Calculator provides an early approximation of what a new first-year, undergraduate student can expect to pay to attend Lakeland College. It is not intended for use by graduate, readmitted, continuing, international or part-time students, who should instead contact the Financial Aid Office for more information. This calculator is not an official application for financial aid and is not a substitute for applying for financial aid. The student must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to determine eligibility for federal student aid funds.

    Begin the Net Price Calculator

  • Determining financial need & awards
  • More info about Determining financial need & awards

    The amount of financial aid for which you are eligible is determined by the formula listed below -

    Student's Cost of Attendance (budget)
    - Expected Family Contribution (EFC)
    = Financial Need

    The student's cost of attendance is an estimate of possible annual expenses while attending Lakeland College. The budget includes tuition, room & board, books & supplies, miscellaneous, transportation, and loan origination fees for Federal Stafford Loan borrowers.

    The Expected Family Contribution (EFC) is a measure the parent's and/or the student's financial strength and is calculated according to a formula established by federal law. The EFC figure is calculated based on responses to questions on the Free Application of Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The EFC figure is used to determine your federal, state and institutional student aid eligibility.

    The EFC is subtracted from the budget to determine the student's financial need. The amount of need-based financial aid cannot exceed the financial need. Examples of need base aid includes: scholarships, federal, state, and institutional grants, federal work-study and federal subsidized loans. The financial aid office first awards any federal, state, and institutional grants and scholarships for which you are eligible. If a matriculated student has secured a job on campus, federal work study or regular employment is awarded. For prospective students, employment is awarded if there are funds available at the time the award is being completed. Lastly, federal direct loans are awarded to your aid package. The financial aid office attempts to award grant, loan and work-study funds equitably among all eligible applicants who apply by the priority date. Award amounts are determined by a combination of financial need, federal award limits, and available funding, among other factors. Additionally, students and/or parents of dependent students may apply for federal parent loans or private alternative loans to meet the difference between the cost of attendance and awarded financial aid.

  • Disbursement of financial aid
  • More info about Disbursement of financial aid

    All financial aid funds, expect Federal Work Study funds, are applied directly to your Lakeland College student account established through the Business Office. Financial aid funds will automatically apply towards tuition, housing, meal plans, books and other charges.

    If you receive a scholarship check from a source outside of Lakeland College, you should mail the check to the Business Office at P.O. Box 359, Sheboygan, WI, 53082. Be sure to include your Lakeland College student ID number on any correspondence.


    The financial aid award is required to be equally divided between all semesters in the academic/award year in which the student is enrolled or plans to enroll. Financial aid is paid to the student's account when the following conditions are met:

    1. The student is determined to be eligible and is awarded.
    2. The student has accepted his/her financial aid award(s).
    3. The student has submitted/completed all required documents -such as loan entrance counseling, master promissory note, etc.
    4. The student is enrolled in the correct number of credits, for the semester.
    5. The student is determined to be maintaining Satisfactory Academic Progress.
    6. The disbursement date for the semester has been reached.

    Federal work study

    As you earn Federal Work Study funds, you will be paid through Lakeland College's monthly payroll system. Federal work study funds are distributed monthly via direct deposit to the student's chosen bank account.

    Excess funds

    If your financial aid exceeds your student account charges, the balance is paid to you in a form of a refund check.

  • Eligibility
  • More info about Eligibility

    The Criteria For Selecting Recipients From The Group Of Eligible Applicants

    Prospective Students: The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is used to gather information in order to calculate an Expected Family Contribution (EFC). The EFC is a calculated figured based on your financial resources as well as your family’s financial resources provided on the FAFSA. This calculation is used to determine how much you and your family can be expected to contribute towards the cost of your education in an academic year.

    In addition, a student’s financial need is calculated by taking the cost of attendance (COA) minus the expected family contribution (EFC).

    COA – EFC = financial need

    There are many different types of funding that can be used towards a student’s financial need including institutional, state, and federal funding.

    To receive financial aid from federal and state programs you must:

    1. Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen.
    2. Be registered with Selective Service if required.
    3. Demonstrate financial need if applying for need-based aid.
    4. Be enrolled at least half-time for federal loans (less than half-time for the PELL Grant)
    5. Be a degree seeking student.
    6. Be making satisfactory academic progress
    7. Not be in default on any loan or owe a refund on any grant made under Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965.

    Continuing Students: For continued eligibility for aid, students must reapply for aid using the FAFSA annually. To begin your application for aid, visit You may apply as early as January 1st, for the upcoming academic year. Priority deadline for the college funds is March 1st of each year.

  • Terms Of Loans Received, Repayment Plans, & Sample Loan Payments
  • More info about Terms Of Loans Received, Repayment Plans, & Sample Loan Payments

    The terms of any loan received by a student as part of the student’s financial assistance package, a sample loan repayment schedule for sample loans and the necessity for repaying loans.

    Federal Direct Loans enter repayment (principal and interest) six months after you graduate or cease attending at least half-time status. Standard repayment and alternative repayment plans are available. For details on the various federal loan repayment programs, contact your financial aid counselor or go to the U.S. Department of Education’s Federal Student Aid website.

    The terms and conditions of Direct Loans are included on the Borrower’s Rights and Responsibilities Statement, which the borrower receives upon completion of the Department of Education’s Master Promissory Note. The borrower may request a copy of their Borrower’s Rights and Responsibilities Statement by contacting the Direct Loan Servicing Center at 1-800-4-FED-AID.

    Information on your federal loan debt, such as loan ID number(s) and loan servicer(s) contact information, is available on the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) website at If you do not have internet access, you can identify your loan servicer(s) by calling 1-800-4-FED-AID.

    Your loan servicer(s) will provide you with information about repayment and your repayment start date. The final determination of your monthly payment, interest, and length of repayment is made by your loan servicer(s). For more information regarding loan repayment options, go to the target="_blank">U.S. Department of Education’s Federal Student Aid website.

    Repayment Plans

    For information regarding repayment plans, visit:

    Standard Repayment:

    • Payments are a fixed amount of at least $50 per month
    • Up to 10 year

    Graduated Repayment:

    • Payments are lower at first then increase, usually every two year
    • Up to 10 years

    Extended Repayment:

    • Payments may be fixed or graduated
    • Up to 25 years

    Income-Based Repayment:

    • Your maximum monthly payments will be 15 percent of discretionary income, the difference between your adjusted gross income and 150 percent of the poverty guideline for your family size and state of residence (other conditions apply).
    • Your payment change as your income changes
    • Up to 25 years

    Pay As You Earn Repayment:

    • Your maximum monthly payments will be 10 percent of discretionary income, the difference between your adjusted gross income and 150 percent of the poverty guideline for your family size and state of residence (other conditions apply).
    • Your payments change as your income changes
    • Up to 20 years

    Income-Contingent Repayment:

    • Payments are calculated each year and are based on your adjusted gross income, family size, and the total amount of your Direct Loans.
    • Your payments change as your income changes
    • Up to 25 years

    Income-Sensitive Repayment:

    • Your monthly payment is based on annual income
    • Your payments change as your income changes
    • Up to 10 years

    Sample Loan Payments

    Sally Tester has $29,214 in Direct Loan debt, which bears interest at 3.9%. Her income is $35,000 and she is single.

    Repayment plan Repayment period Initial monthly payment Final monthly payment Total interest paid Total amount paid
    Standard* 120 months (10 years) $294 $294 $6,113 $35,327
    Graduated* 120 months (10 years) $165 $494 $7,624 $36,838
    Pay as you earn** 177 months (14.75 years) $146 $294 $10,696 $39,910
    Income-based payment** 133 months (11 years) $219 $294 $7,204 $36,481
    Income-contingent repayment** 162 months (13.5 years) $209 $259 $8,754 $37,968

    * For Direct Consolidation Loans, the repayment period under this plan varies from 10 to 30 years based on your Direct Consolidation Loan amount and other education loan debt. These estimates are based on a 10-year repayment period. You may have a longer repayment period and a lower monthly payment. Ask your servicer for more information.

    ** Calculations under this plan include an annual 5% income and a 3.3% poverty line increase. Some of your loans may not qualify for this repayment plan. View repayment plan eligibility information in the "Your Loans" section above, or contact your loan servicer.

    If you are a new borrower on or after July 1, 2014, the IBR Plan has repayment terms that are different than those described on and that are used in calculating the repayment estimates you see on this site. For such borrowers, payment amounts are 10% of discretionary income instead of 15% and forgiveness is provided for after 20 years instead of 25 years of qualifying repayment. Repayment estimates for the Pay As You Earn Plan produce results identical to what new borrowers are eligible for under the IBR Plan. If you are applying for the IBR Plan, you will receive the repayment terms that you are eligible for even though the repayment estimates and online application do not yet mention the repayment terms above. We apologize for the inconvenience.

    Students are eligible to pull over their loan information from NSLDS to see how the different repayment plans work for them. For more information on loan repayments please visit:

  • Federal Student Aid Penalties for Drug Convictions Download
  • Pell Grant recipients View information

General Institution Information

  • Disability Policy
  • To review the disabilities policy, please see the section entitled, “Student Disabilities Policy” in the Student Handbook.
  • Disbursement of Books and Supplies
  • More info about Books and Supplies

    Students, and Pell Grant eligible students, may utilize excess Title IV financial aid to purchase books at the Follett Bookstore. To be eligible for a book charge the student must have authorized financial aid that exceeds their student account charges. A student will need to print the Lakeland College Book Agreement (from student accounts webpage) and provide a signed copy to the bookstore to allow the student to charge the books to their expected financial aid.

  • Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) policy
  • More info about FERPA policy

    The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974, also known as the Buckley Amendment, is designed to protect the privacy of all student academic records. To review the comprehensive FERPA policy, please visit: here or here.

  • Lakeland College complaint process
  • More info about Lakeland College Complaint Process

    Lakeland College complaint process

    Updated February 18, 2014

    Beginning July 1, 2011, the U.S. Department of Education regulations to improve the integrity of programs authorized under Title IV of the Higher Education Act (HEA), as amended (the "Program Integrity Rule"), take effect. The Program Integrity Rule requires, among other things, that each college or university authorized to offer postsecondary education in one or more States ensure access to a complaint process that will permit student consumers to address the following:

    1. Alleged violations of State consumer protection laws that include but are not limited to fraud and false advertising;
    2. Alleged violations of State laws or rules relating to the licensure of postsecondary institutions; and
    3. Complaints relating to the quality of education or other State or accreditation requirements.

    Lakeland College, as an institution authorized to provide postsecondary education in the State of Wisconsin, is committed to full compliance with the Program Integrity Rule, and provides the following confirmation to all current and/or prospective students:

    The Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools accredits Lakeland College. You may review the College's accreditation documents here.

    Complaint Process

    Lakeland College seeks to resolve all student concerns in a timely and effective manner. To that end, this complaint process serves as an ongoing means for students to discuss concerns or register formal complaints that pertain to alleged violations of State consumer protection laws that include but are not limited to fraud and false advertising; alleged violations of State laws or rules relating to the licensure of postsecondary institutions; and complaints relating to the quality of education or other State or accreditation requirements.

    The Offices of the Academic Dean, Students Development, Admissions, Registrar and Financial Aid all provide specific administrative means to address and resolve most, if not all of the questions and concerns you may have. The contact information for each of these Offices is provided below:

    • Office of the Academic Dean (academic programs, accreditation): 920-565-1288;
    • Students Development Office (student and campus life): 920-565-1588;
    • Office of Admissions (admissions eligibility): 920-565-1007;
    • Office of the Registrar (academic records): 920-565-1216;
    • Office of Financial Aid (loans, scholarships, grants): 920-565-1298;

    It is expected that students will fully utilize any/all of Lakeland College's administrative procedures to address concerns and/or complaints in as timely a manner as possible. On occasion, however, a student may believe that these administrative procedures have not adequately addressed concerns identified under the Program Integrity Rule. In those select cases, the following independent procedures are provided:

    1. The Division of Trade and Consumer Protection of the Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection (the "Division") is prepared to receive and review student consumer complaints regarding alleged fraudulent or abusive practices by a college or university in the delivery of postsecondary academic programs and activities, including, for example, fraud or false advertising. Complaints may be filed with the Division in written or electronic form by accessing the following link:

    2. The Office of the Attorney General for the State of Wisconsin is authorized to investigate and prosecute violations of State consumer laws, including laws relating to deceptive advertising, credit, charitable solicitations, telecommunications, telemarketing and sales. The Office cooperates with other States, the Federal Trade Commission and other federal agencies in addressing national consumer protection issues. Further, the Wisconsin Department of Justice Office of Consumer protection litigates cases that are referred to the Department by other States agencies. Complaints may be filed with the Wisconsin Department of Justice Office of Consumer Protection at the following link:

    3. The Higher Learning Commission ("HLC") of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools is an independent body responsible for the accreditation of programs offered by Lakeland College. HLC relies on constant contact with the College to ensure quality higher learning. Accredited institutions are required to submit progress reports, monitoring reports, contingency reports, and annual reports, as well as to participate in focus visits. Each year, HLC receives a number of complaints from students or other parties. When a complaint raises issues regarding an institution's ability to meet accreditation criteria, HLC will forward a copy of the complaint to the institution and request a formal response. Complaints may be filed with Higher Learning Commission at the following link:

    4. A variety of other State agencies or State Boards, which are involved in the evaluation and approval of institutional programs, or in the granting of professional certification or licensure, may also be contacted. These agencies include, but may not be limited to, the following:

    If you are currently enrolled, or anticipate enrollment, in an educational program that requires State agency or board authorization and/or licensure and do not see it listed here, please contact the Office of the Academic Dean at: 920-565-1288.

  • Student Life Policies and Procedures Download
  • Transfer Policy
  • More info about Transfer Policies

    Academic program requirements may be found in the academic catalog located at: here or here.

    Lakeland College's Master of Arts in Counseling program with a Community Counseling emphasis meets the Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services requirements for education for a Wisconsin Licensed Professional Counselor. The Master of Arts in Counseling program with a School Counseling emphasis and the college's certifiable Education undergraduate program are approved by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction. Students completing any of these programs who seek licensure in states other than Wisconsin may have to fulfill additional requirements. Students should refer to the applicable state agencies for further information.

    Transfer Credit

    Lakeland College strives to make the transfer credit process as streamlined as possible for students. Members of the Lakeland College staff will consider a student's academic history individually when determining transfer credit. Each transcript from previously attended institutions is reviewed. Lakeland College will consider transfer credit from courses in which the student has earned a grade or C or better and where the course was taken through a regionally accredited college or university.

    The Lakeland College credit unit is the semester hour, which is equivalent to 1.5 quarter hours. Quarter hours accepted in transfer will be converted to semester hours. Transferred coursework is not factored into a student's Lakeland College GPA.

    Undergraduate students:

    Prior to acceptance to Lakeland College, an unofficial evaluation of any prior collegiate coursework will be conducted to give a potential transfer student a reasonable understanding of the coursework and requirements that may remain upon transferring to Lakeland. After acceptance to Lakeland College, a transfer student will receive an official evaluation of his/her transferable credits along with a listing of the courses required to complete a Lakeland College degree. All transfer students must complete a minimum of 30 semester hours of coursework at Lakeland College in order to earn a Lakeland degree.

    • Credit from a domestic 2-year institution:
      Lakeland College will accept up to 72 semester hours in transfer from a regionally accredited 2-year college. Students holding an associate's degree from a regionally accredited school will receive a minimum of 60 semester hours in transfer.
    • Credit from an international 2-year institution:Lakeland College will accept up to 60 semester hours in transfer from an international 2-year college.
    • Credit from a domestic or international 4-year institution: Lakeland College will accept up to 90 semester hours of transfer credit from a regionally accredited 4-year college or a combination of credits from regionally accredited 2-year and 4-year institutions.
    • Advanced Placement by Examination:Lakeland will accept College Board Advanced Placement Examination (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB), College Level Examination Program (CLEP) and Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support (DANTES) tests as a service to students who wish to earn credit for college-level achievement. On most tests, enrolling students who achieve a score of 3 or higher on an AP, a score of 4 or higher on all Higher Level IB exams, and 55 or higher on a CLEP or DANTES exam may be awarded college credit and will be exempted from the equivalent Lakeland course requirement. Students may not receive AP, IB, CLEP, or DANTES credit for any subject area in which they have already taken college coursework. Students who have completed 60 or more semester hours of college coursework are not eligible for AP, IB, CLEP, or DANTES credit. Lakeland allows a maximum of 30 semester hours of credit through equivalency exams. To review a list of acceptable CLEP exams, please reference the academic catalog at: or
    • Military Credits: Courses and trainings noted on a military transcript will be evaluated for transfer credit based on ACE recommendations on transfer.

      *The maximum number of undergraduate semester hours that may be awarded in transfer at Lakeland College is 90.

    Graduate students:

    Graduate students seeking admission to Lakeland College may be eligible to transfer graduate-level coursework from another institution. Transfer credits must be from a regionally accredited institution. Potential transfer credit will be evaluated by the Director of the respective graduate programs. The Director may determine transfer credit may be awarded, up to nine (9) semester hours for regionally accredited coursework in which a grade of "B" or better has been earned and where the coursework is relevant to the Lakeland College graduate program.

    Grades associated with transfer credit are not included in the calculation of the Lakeland College GPA. All work completed at other institutions will be converted to semester hours when calculating transferable credit.

  • Accreditation and Program Approval
  • More info about Accreditation and Program Approval

    Lakeland College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA) at 30 North LaSalle Street, Suite 2400, Chicago, IL 60602; 800-621-7440. The Higher Learning Commission, a commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, granted Lakeland College accreditation in 1961 as a degree-granting institution. Colleges accredited by the Higher Learning Commission are reviewed regularly to reaffirm accreditation. Lakeland College’s last reaffirmation of accreditation was in 2009. Lakeland College's next reaffirmation of accreditation is scheduled for 2018-19 with a Year 6 visit scheduled for 2015. Students may receive a copy of Lakeland College’s accreditation by contacting Dr. Debra Hagen-Foley, Director of Institutional Research and Assessment, .

    Lakeland College’s Master of Arts in Counseling program with a Community Counseling emphasis meets the Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services requirements for education for a Wisconsin Licensed Professional Counselor. The Master of Arts in Counseling program with a School Counseling emphasis and the college’s certifiable Education undergraduate program are approved by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction. Lakeland’s teacher education program is also accredited by the Teacher Education Accreditation Council (TEAC). Students completing any of these programs who seek licensure in states other than Wisconsin may have to fulfill additional requirements. Students should refer to the applicable state agencies for further information.

  • Academic Programs (Educational Programs, Faculty and Facilities)
  • More info about Academic Programs

    The Lakeland College Traditional Undergraduate Catalog and the Evening, Weekend and Online Catalog provide information about the academic programs, including requirements for successfully completing a program offered at Lakeland College. Information regarding specific courses, including course numbers, co- and pre-requisites, along with descriptions, may also be found in the catalogs. The catalogs provide a directory of faculty, along with a list of college administrators and Board of Trustee members. The catalogs are published each academic year, and every effort is made to ensure information is accurate at the time of publication.

    The Traditional Undergraduate Catalog is available here and the Evening, Weekend and Online Catalog can be found here.

    Information regarding the college’s main campus setting may be found here. Learn about the Lakeland College Evening, Weekend and Online Centers here.

  • Constitution and Citizenship Day
  • More info about Constitution and Citizenship Day

    Annually on September 17th, Lakeland College holds an educational event pertaining to the United States Constitution in honor of Constitution Day. This event is in compliance with Federal legislation for educational institutions receiving Federal funding.

  • Student Body Diversity
  • More info about Student Body Diversity

    Percentage of enrolled, full-time students in these categories: Male, Female, Self-identified members of a racial or ethnic group can be found at

  • Student Disabilities Policy
  • More info about Student Disabilities Policy

    To review the disabilities policy, please see the section entitled, "Student Disabilities Policy" in the Student Handbook.

  • Teacher Preparation Program Report History
  • Withdrawal Requirements & Procedures
  • More info about Withdrawal Requirements & Procedures

    The Requirements And Procedures For Offically Withdrawing From The School

    Traditional Undergraduate Students: Students who wish to withdraw from Lakeland in the middle of the term or who expect to leave Lakeland after completing their current coursework must contact the Senior Director of Student Success and Engagement or their appropriate Success Coach at least 24 hours before leaving the campus if they wish to withdraw in good standing. It is important to make this contact early because the official withdrawal process includes a series of important actions, including, but not limited to, completing a Withdrawal from the College form; filling out a Course Withdrawal form; returning equipment, books, and/or keys; clearing one's financial accounts; and participating in a brief exit interview.

    Evening, Weekend, & Online Students: Students who wish to withdraw from Lakeland during a term must contact their Evening, Weekend, & Online School advisor and complete the official withdrawal process if they wish to withdraw in good standing. (Please refer to the “Financial Information” section of this catalog for the refund policy.)

    For more information visit:

    All Students: Students who are receiving financial assistance are strongly encouraged to consult with a representative from Financial Aid to identify and understand the financial assistance/monetary implications of processing this withdrawal transaction. (Please refer to the "Financial Information" section of this catalog for the refund policy.)

    International students with F1/J1 visas must consult with the International Student Office to discuss the serious immigration consequences that may result from withdrawing from Lakeland.

    For more information visit:

Health and Safety

  • Alcohol & Drug Use Policy
  • More info about Alcohol & Drug Use Policy

    Lakeland College is concerned about the way in which alcohol use and abuse can affect the individual employee, the rights and well-being of non-users, and the primary mission of the college. Therefore, Lakeland College's alcohol and drug policy is designed to promote responsible behaviors and attitudes as they relate to the use of alcohol, to inform employees about the possible effects of the use of alcohol upon themselves and the community, to help individual employees experiencing difficulties associated with the use of alcohol, and to explicitly require adherence to local, state and federal laws regarding alcohol and drugs.

    State law and local ordinances relating to alcohol:

    The use of alcoholic beverages on college property must be in accordance with the laws of the State of Wisconsin and the Town of Herman. The following are some, but not all, of the important points relative to alcoholic beverages:

    It is unlawful for any person:

    1. under the age of 21 years to have alcoholic beverages in his/her possession;
    2. to sell, give, serve, or permit alcoholic beverages to be served to a person under 21 years of age;
    3. to misrepresent or misstate his or her age or any other person for the purpose of selling, giving, serving, or delivering any alcoholic beverages to a person under 21 years of age. Imitation or altered Campus Cards or other forms of identification, if found, will be confiscated and destroyed and individuals may be subject to corrective action.
    4. to consume or have in his or her possession any alcoholic beverages in an open container on any campus street, sidewalk or undesignated area.

    Lakeland College's alcohol and drug policy:

    1. All employees are required to comply compliance with state laws, local ordinances, and college regulations as they apply to the use of alcohol and drugs on the Lakeland campus.
    2. All employees are prohibited from the unlawful manufacturing, distribution, possession, or use of illicit drugs on, or about any college property, or at any college-sponsored activity, whether on or off-campus.
    3. All employees are required to report to work free of the influence of alcohol and/or controlled substances.
    4. All employees are required to report their own conviction under a criminal drug statute for violations incurring either in the workplace or during the performance of college-related duties within five (5) days after the conviction, as required by the Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988. Within 30 days of receiving notice of a conviction, the college will take appropriate action, such as employee termination, or required participation in an abuse assistance or rehabilitation program.
    5. Individuals prohibited from the use of alcoholic beverages, as defined by State of Wisconsin law, cannot drink alcohol, regardless of whether they are on campus, one of the other Lakeland College locations, or at college-sponsored events, regardless of whether those events are on or off-campus.
    6. Employees must refrain from sharing, purchasing, serving, or encouraging the consumption of alcoholic beverages by underage individuals regardless of location (whether on or off- campus) or the nature of the event (whether an official college event or not). No matter the circumstance, individuals who furnish alcohol to minors will face legal and/or college corrective action.
    7. Individuals are encouraged to look out for the safety and welfare of their college peers and/or guests who have been drinking. This may include providing transportation to/from off-campus events or to a hospital, or may include calling campus security, the police, or medical personnel.
    8. College-sponsored events where alcohol is offered must have a proportionate amount of non-alcoholic beverages and food such as chips, crackers, popcorn, etc.
    9. With the scheduling of an event, individuals assume responsibility for implementing a system to prevent underage individuals from being served or acquiring alcoholic beverages.
    10. Inappropriate behavior stemming from the consumption of alcohol or controlled substances shall result in corrective action against the employee.
    11. Employees are prohibited from consuming alcohol in residence halls and suites. Exceptions to this policy must receive prior approval from the president of the college.
    12. Employees are prohibited from consuming alcohol while supervising or chaperoning college-sponsored student events or classes. Exceptions to this policy must receive prior approval from the president of the college.
    13. Paragraphs 11 and 12 above, and the rest of this policy, including those provisions regarding inappropriate behavior, remain in effect regardless of any specific exception made to paragraphs 11 or 12 above.

    Violation of any part of this policy will result in corrective action that may include referrals as discussed below, suspension, or termination of employment. Any member of the college community who violates the provisions of this policy, or whose behavior is impaired by alcohol or controlled substances, may be required to complete an Employee Assistance Program referral as a condition of continued employment. Violations of this policy may also result in corrective action, up to and including suspension or termination of employment from the college and referral for prosecution.

    Likewise, employees who need help in dealing with alcohol or drug related problems are encouraged to seek professional assistance. The Employee Assistance Program can provide assessments or interventions for individuals seeking help. An employee's participation in the program will be encouraged and handled confidentially.

  • Employee Assistance Program Download
  • Vaccination Policies
  • More info about Vaccination Policies

    All new students are required to provide dates/proof for Tetanus (Tdap) and 2 doses of Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR). A Tuberculosis skin test (TB) is also required within 12 months of coming to campus. Students are encouraged to have this done prior to coming on campus, but the skin test is available through the college Health Center. The Meningitis, Varicella and Hepatitis B vaccines are strongly recommended. No immunizations are done at the Health Center.

    Wisconsin State Statue 36.25(46) requires all students who will be residing in a campus residence hall to be informed yearly about the risks associated with Hepatitis B and Meningococcal diseases and the vaccines available to prevent these diseases. Each student residing in a campus residence must indicate if he/she has received the vaccines or sign the waiver.

    The waiver and section to provide the immunization dates are located on the Health Center page.

  • Health risks associated with drugs/alcohol
  • More info about Health risks associated with drugs/alcohol

    Alcohol and drug abuse have many health risks. Excessive use has immediate effects that increase the risk of many harmful health conditions. Over time, excessive alcohol and drug use can lead to the development of chronic diseases, neurological impairments and social problems. Below is a complete and detailed account of these health risks.

    Drug Fact SheetsFact Sheets- Alcohol Use and HealthNIH Brochures and Fact Sheets
  • Preventing drug and alcohol abuse
  • More info about Preventing drug and alcohol abuse

    College is filled with new experiences, from academics and athletics to dorm life and dating. You may be living away from home for the first time, and making your own decisions about when to go to bed, with whom to spend time, and what to do in your free time. Many college students consume alcohol and/or other substances some of the time, and it may not become an issue. For others, however, the use of tobacco, alcohol, and other drugs is a major issue. For research-based information and tips on preventing alcohol and drug abuse visit and

Student Outcomes

  • Completion/Retention Rates
  • More info about Completion/Retention Rates

    Completion rates for first-time/full-time students are located here.

    Regarding this item:

    • If the school determines that its mission includes providing substantial preparation for students to enroll in another eligible school it must prepare the transfer-out rate of its certificate or degree-seeking, first time, full-time undergraduate students.

    The mission of Lakeland is not to provide substantial preparation for student to enroll in another eligible undergraduate institution.

    • Retention Rates 668.41(d)(4)

      The school's retention rate as reported to the Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) must be made available to any enrolled student or prospective student through appropriate publications, mailings or electronic media. In the case of a request from a prospective student, the information must be made available prior to the student's enrolling or entering into any financial obligation with the school.

    Lakeland College's current retention rate data is available here.

  • Cumulative Placement Data
  • More info about Cumulative Placement Data

    Lakeland College surveys graduates one-year post-graduation. Placement data for graduates completing the alumni survey from 2009 – 2012 is available here.

  • Satisfactory academic progress (SAP) policy
  • More info about Satisfactory academic progress (SAP) policy

    Lakeland College is required to establish and consistently apply standards of Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) for all students who receive funds from Title IV programs of financial assistance. The policy requires that the college use quantitative and qualitative methods to measure student's academic progress. This policy requires a review of student progress after every term. For additional information, please refer to the Lakeland College's Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy.

    An appeal process exists for anyone whose financial aid eligibility is terminated as a result of the Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy. Those students affected will receive written notice of the appeal process. Find out more here.

Intercollegiate Athletic Program

  • Consumer Information for Student Athletes
  • More info about Consumer Information for Student Athletes

    Lakeland College complies with the requirements of the Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act (EADA) by completing an annual report of our institution's intercollegiate athletic programs. The report is available on the U.S. Department of Education's Office of Postsecondary Education website.

    To receive additional information about Lakeland College's athletic programs, please visit or contact the Athletic Department at 920-565-1512.

    Annually by July 1, schools that are attended by students receiving athletically-related student aid must produce a report containing graduation rate information. Because Lakeland does not offer athletically-related student aid, numbers in these areas are not reported. Information regarding graduation rates can be received by contacting the athletic department.

  • Completion/Graduation Rates for student athletes
  • More info about Completion/Graduation Rates for student athletes

    Completion/Graduation Rates for Lakeland College student athletes is available here from the NCAA.

  • Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act
  • More info about Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act

    Lakeland's information Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act can be accessed here.

Voter Registration

More info about Voter Registration

Anyone wishing to vote in the state of Wisconsin has three options to register:

  1. BY MAIL: Download the Application for Voter Registration GAB-131 in English, or Spanish or Hmong, complete the form and mail it into the municipal clerk's office. Find your Wisconsin Municipal Clerk. The application must be postmarked no later than the 20th day (3rd Wednesday) before the election.
    PLEASE NOTE: State and federal law now requires that any first-time voter submitting a registration application by mail provide a copy of an acceptable identifying document that provides proof of residence. (A “first-time voter” is an individual who has not voted in an election in Wisconsin.) Acceptable forms of proof of residence are outlined below. Please note that first-time voters registering by mail may not use a residential lease as proof of residence. The copy of the form of proof of residence must be included when submitting the registration application. If a copy of proof of residence is not included, the elector will be required to supply it before being issued a ballot at the polling place or before being issued an absentee ballot in the municipal clerk’s office.
  2. IN PERSON: Register in the municipal clerk's office up to 5 p.m. or the close of business whichever is later on the Friday before the election. Note: After the BY MAIL deadline, an elector registering in person in the clerk's office is required to present acceptable proof of residence as outlined below.
  3. AT THE POLLING PLACE ON ELECTION DAY: If you wish to register to vote at your polling place, you must bring proof that you reside at your present location. For purposes of voter registration, acceptable forms of proof of residence must include:
    1. A current and complete name, including both the given and family name; and
    2. A current and complete residential address, including a numbered street address, if any, and the name of a municipality.

NOTE: Proof of residency is required for voter registration and must be current and valid. The purpose of the proof of residency document is to establish the voter’s current address, not to prove that the voter complies with the 28 consecutive day residency requirement. The voter’s sworn statement on the registration form that they meet the 28-day requirement shall be presumed to be true unless the inspector or a challenger has first-hand knowledge sufficient to question the certification.

Notes on other HEA-Require Disclosures

  • Lakeland College does not have certificate programs that require gainful employment disclosure.

Disclosure Requirements relating to education loans

  • Statement of ethical principles and code of conduct
  • More info about Statement of ethical principles and code of conduct

    The Lakeland College Financial Aid Office has adopted and will follow the Statement of Ethical Principles and Code of Conduct for Financial Aid Professionals as created by the National Student Financial Aid Administrators (NASFAA). The Lakeland College Financial Aid Office is dedicated to providing customer service to our students and their families with the appropriate level of professionalism and commitment to ethical standards.

    National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (NASFAA)

    NASFAA's Statement of Ethical principles provides that the primary goal of the institutional financial aid professional is to help students achieve their educational potential by providing appropriate financial resources. To this end, this Statement provides that the financial aid professional shall:

    • Be committed to removing financial barriers for those who wish to pursue postsecondary learning.
    • Make every effort to assist students with financial need.
    • Be aware of the issues affecting students and advocate their interests at the institutional, state, and federal levels.
    • Support efforts to encourage students, as early as the elementary grades, to aspire to and plan for education beyond high school.
    • Educate students and families through quality consumer information.
    • Respect the dignity and protect the privacy of students, and ensure the confidentiality of student records and personal circumstances.
    • Ensure equity by applying all need analysis formulas consistently across the institution's full population of student financial aid applicants.
    • Provide services that do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age or economic status.
    • Recognize the need for professional development and continuing education opportunities.
    • Promote the free expression of ideas and opinion, and foster respect for diverse viewpoints within the profession.
    • Commit to the highest level of ethical behavior and refrain from conflict of interest or the perception thereof.
    • Maintain the highest level of professionalism, reflecting a commitment to the goals of the National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators.
  • Title IV loan code of conduct
  • More info about Title IV loan code of conduct

    Lakeland College, as a participant in the Title IV federal loan program, is required by the Department of Education to develop, publish, and enforce a code of conduct. The code of conduct requirements are set forth in the Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA) signed into law on August 14, 2008. The following code of conduct applies to all officers, employees, and agents of Lakeland College.

    Reason for policy

    The HEOA program participation agreement which must be executed by all colleges and universities participating in Title IV financial aid programs, including student loan programs, requires a code of conduct with which the institution's agents and employees shall comply. Such code must prohibit a conflict of interest with the responsibilities of an agent or employee of an institution with respect to such loans, and include the provisions set forth in HEOA related to conflicts. The law further specified that the code shall be displayed prominently.

    Ban on revenue sharing agreements

    Neither Lakeland College, nor any of its officers, employees, or agents will enter into any revenue-sharing arrangements with any lender. A lender as defined by the Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008, amending the Higher Education Act of 1965, Pub. L. #110-315 (2008), (HEOA) as any arrangement between a school and a lender that results in the lender paying a fee or other benefits, including a share of the profits, to the school, its officers, employees or agents, as a result of the school recommending the lender to its students or families of those students.

    Ban on gifts

    No officer or employee of Lakeland College's Office of Financial Aid or any employee or agent who has responsibilities with respect to educational loans shall solicit or accept any gift from any lender, guaranty agency or loan servicer. This is not limited just to those providers of Title IV loans. HEOA does provide for some exceptions related to specific types of activities or literature. This includes:

    • Brochures or training material related to default aversion or financial literacy.
    • Food, training or informational materials as part of training as long as that training contributes to the professional development of those individuals attending the training.
    • Favorable terms and benefits to the student employed by the institution as long as those same terms are provided to all students at the institution.
    • Entrance and exit counseling as long as the institution's staff are in control and they do not promote the services of a specific lender.
    • Philanthropic contributions from a lender, guarantee agency or servicer unrelated to education loans.
    • State education, grants, scholarships, or financial aid funds administered by or on behalf of the State.

    For purposes of this prohibition, the term "gift" means any gratuity, favor, discount, entertainment, hospitality, loan, or other item having a monetary value of more than a de minimum amount. The term includes a gift of services, transportation, lodging or meals, whether provided in-kind, by purchase of a ticket, payment in advance, or reimbursement after the expense has been incurred.

    Ban on contracting arangements

    No officer or employee of Lakeland College's Office of Financial Aid or any employee or agent who has responsibilities with respect to educational loans should accept any fee, payment or financial benefit as compensation for any type of consulting arrangement or other contract to provide services to or on behalf of a lender relating to education loans.

    Prohibition against steering borrowers

    Lakeland College and its officers, employees or agents are prohibited to steer borrowers to particular lenders, or delaying loan certifications. The prohibition includes assigning any first-time borrower's loan to a particular lender as part of their award packaging or through other methods.

    Prohibition on offers of funds for private loans

    Lakeland College and its officers, employees or agents are prohibited to request or accept offers of funds for private loans. The prohibition includes any offer of funds for loans to students at the institution, including funds for an opportunity pool loan, in exchange for providing concessions or promises to the lender for a specific number of loans, or inclusion on a preferred lender list.

    Ban on staffing assistance

    Lakeland College and its officers, employees or agents will not request or accept any assistance with call center staffing or financial aid office staffing. However, HEOA does not prohibit schools from requesting or accepting assistance from a lender related to:

    • Professional development training for financial aid administrators.
    • Providing educational counseling materials, financial literacy materials, or debt management materials to borrowers, provided that such materials disclose to borrowers the identification of any lender that assisted in preparing or providing such materials.
    • Staffing services on a short-term, nonrecurring basis to assist the school with financial aid-related functions during emergencies, including State-declared or federal declared natural disasters, and other localized disasters and emergencies identified by the Secretary.

    Ban on advisory board compensation

    Lakeland College and its officers, employees or agents may not receive anything of value from a lender, guarantor, or group in exchange for serving on an advisory board. They may, however, accept reimbursement for reasonable expenses incurred while serving in this capacity.

Lakeland College Logo

Contact Us

Got questions or comments? Let us know:

  • PHONE: 1 (800) 569-2166
    FAX: 920-565-1062
  • MAIL: PO Box 359, Sheboygan, WI 53082-0359
  • DIRECTIONS: W3718 South Drive Plymouth, WI 53073-4878

Connect with us

Follow us & get in touch.

You are here: Home Inside Lakeland Consumer Information Disclosures