Linking to Library Content from Blackboard
Did you find a scholarly article, case study, newspaper article or other item in the library's databases that you would like to share with your class? Many databases now provide stable links (also referred to as permalinks, persistent links or durable URLs) that can be added to your Blackboard course or emailed to share the materials with others. The procedure for creating these links varies from database to database. Here are links to directions for each of the library's databases that offer this feature. Be sure to review the copyright and licensing restrictions at the end of each article you are using. A few publishers such as Harvard Business School Press prohibit linking within course management systems such as Blackboard.
Databases Find Articles
Access to these databases requires a login. Log on to Blackboard to see the current username and password. For further assistance, please contact the library at (920) 565-1238.
American Chemical Society
Morningstar Investment Research Center We are limited to 3 users at a time.
Oxford English Dictionary
ProQuest Dissertations and Theses ProQuest will be down for maintenance Sat. Aug. 8, 9:00 p.m. CDT - Sun. Aug. 9, 5:00 a.m. CDT
ProQuest ProQuest will be down for maintenance Sat. Aug. 8, 9:00 p.m. CDT - Sun. Aug. 9, 5:00 a.m. CDT.
E Journal List A-Z (EBSCO A-to-Z)
Expanded database lists:
|Fall & Spring Semester Hours|
|Monday||7:30 a.m. - 11 p.m.|
|Tuesday||7:30 a.m. - 11 p.m.|
|Wednesday||7:30 a.m. - 11 p.m.|
|Thursday||7:30 a.m. - 11 p.m.|
|Friday||7:30 a.m. - 5 p.m|
|Saturday||10 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Sunday||Noon - 11 p.m.|
|May Term Hours|
|Monday||7:30 a.m. - 9 p.m.|
|Tuesday||7:30 a.m. - 9 p.m.|
|Wednesday||7:30 a.m. - 9 p.m.|
|Thursday||7:30 a.m. - 9 p.m.|
|Friday||7:30 a.m. - 5 p.m|
|Saturday||10 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Sunday||Noon - 9 p.m.|
|Summer Hours (June-August)|
|Monday||8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Tuesday||8 a.m. - 8 p.m.|
|Wednesday||8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m..|
|Thursday||8 a.m. - 8 p.m.|
|Friday||8 a.m. - 4 p.m.|
*Reference Librarian available Monday through Friday (all day).
Spring Break Hours
Sat. Mar. 7 closed
Sun. Mar. 8 closed
Mon. - Fri., Mar. 9 - 13, 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Sat. Mar. 14 closed
Sun. Mar. 15 noon - 11 p.m.
EasiCat Find Books & DVDs
Can't find what you need in EasiCat? Check the following sites.
If you find something you would like, place an inter-library loan request. We'll request the item for you. The average time for receiving items from other libraries is 3 days for articles and 5 days for books. Times can vary from 1 day to two weeks.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here is a list of the library's most frequently answered questions. Feel free to browse the list or jump to a specific word by following these directions. Simultaneously click the control key and the F key for PCs or Cmnd key and the F key for MACs. In the find box that opens, enter a key term from your question and hit the enter key. The computer will jump to that word in the text. The word will be highlighted.
- What are the library's username and password? The library username and password are needed to access the library's databases for articles and other information. The password is changed at the beginning of each fall semester. Log in to Blackboard to obtain the current password or call the library at (920) 565-1038.
- How can I connect from off campus? All the library's online resources can be accessed from off campus. On the library web page, click on Databases: Find Articles. After you click on the database you wish to search, you will be prompted to enter the library username and password which can be found on Blackboard.
- How do I get a library card?Bring your Lakeland I.D. to the library and complete the New Borrower form. A barcode will be affixed to your I.D. Your barcoded I.D. will then serve as your library card. Each semester stop in the library to renew your card. EasiCat library cards issued from an area library can also be used to check out materials from the library.
- Who may borrow items from Lakeland's John Esch Library? Library materials may be checked out by anyone with a Lakeland Library card (barcoded Lakeland I.D.) or an EasiCat card.
- What is EasiCat? EasiCat is the shared, online library catalog for Lakeland College and fourteen Sheboygan and Ozaukee county libraries that make up the Eastern Shores Library System. EasiCat will help you locate items housed in Eastern Shores libraries as well as electronic books and websites. Items available in another Eastern Shores library may be easily requested by clicking Request It. You can designate that items be sent to Lakeland's John Esch library for you to check out.
- How long do items check out for? Items from Lakeland's John Esch Library check out for 4 weeks. Items from other EasiCat libraries that are sent to Lakeland for check out will have varied due dates as specified by the library that owns the material.
- Can items be renewed? If no one else has requested the item you have checked out, and it is not overdue, you may renew it online. Go to EasiCat. Click on the My Account tab. Select Items Out. Enter your barcode number and PIN. Your PIN number is typically the last four digits of your phone number. A list of the items you have checked out will appear. Click the Renew All Items button if you wish to renew all items. To renew individual titles, check the box(es) provided before the title of each item you wish to renew. Click Renew Selected Items button. A message that your items were successfully renewed should appear. If you have problems renewing online or your item is overdue, visit the library or contact us at (920) 565-1038.
- Where can I return books? Books and other materials checked out from the library may be returned to the Lakeland library front desk or any other library in the Eastern Shores Library System.
- What are the library's hours? For a complete list of the library's hours, go to Library Hours.
- What is the library's final exam week schedule? The library has longer hours during final exam week. Check Library Hours for specific days and times.
- Can I bring food or beverages into the library? Food and beverages are not permitted in the library.
- Does the library have a scanner? The library has a scanner located near the front desk.
- Does the library have a copier? The library has a black and white copier that produces 8.5" by 11" (standard letter size) copies. Copies are $ 0.10 each.
- Does the library have a printer? The library has a black and white printer. Standard letter size paper (8.5" by 11") is available.
- Do you have a fax machine? A fax machine for student use is available in the Lakeland Business office (WAK 108) during regular business hours. The Business Office can be reached at (920) 565-1334.
- Does the library proctor exams? Lakeland students needing a mid-term exam proctored should contact the library at (920) 565-1038. Testing can be completed while the library is open and a librarian is available.
- My teacher said she put a book on reserve. Where is that? Reserve items are available at the library front desk. Due to high demand, these items are for in-library use only.
- How can a faculty member put a book on reserve? To put items on reserve, contact Ann Penke, Library Director at (920) 565-1038, ext. 2416 or email her at . Faculty wishing to temporarily put their own books or materials on reserve may drop the item(s) off at the library front desk.
- How can I find out what items are on reserve? Items owned by the library and temporarily in the library reserve section can be located by searching our online catalog, EasiCat. Sometimes faculty put privately owned materials on reserve for student use. For a list of all books on reserve (both library-owned and faculty-owned), give us a call at (920) 565-1038 or go to the library web page. Under Services, select Reserve Shelf to access a list of books on reserve.
- Does the library have convocation tapes? The library has a DVD/video collection of past convocation events. These items are available for viewing in the library. The average length of each is 1 hour. Convocation guidelines are outlined in the Academic Catalog, under Graduation Requirements. If you have additional questions about convocation requirements, please contact the Registrar's office at (920) 565-1041.
- Is the library hiring student help? Lakeland students interested in working in the library should submit a resume for consideration. Our student employees often continue to work in the library until they graduate so the number of job openings fluctuates from semester to semester.
- Does the library have study rooms? Can I reserve a room? The library has 3 study rooms. The Two Rivers room seats 10 people. The other two study rooms seat 4 people each. To reserve a room contact the library at (920) 565-1038. When the rooms are not reserved, they are available on a first come basis.