Lakeland College

Transfer Students and Non-Traditional Students*

Every year, students from all over decide that transferring to Lakeland College is the right choice for them. Why? There isn't just one reason - there are four:

Transferability of credits at Lakeland

Transferability of credits

Lakeland has a generous transfer credit policy, accepting up to 72 credits from two-year schools and 90 credits from four-year schools.


Small class sizes at Lakeland

Small class sizes

Lakeland’s small class sizes (our Student/Teacher Ratio is 16:1) encourage meaningful faculty interactions and mentoring that continues after graduation.


Class availability and advising at Lakeland

Class availability and advising

Classes are carefully scheduled and students work closely with faculty advisers to ensure appropriate course scheduling options, enabling them to graduate on time.


Internships at Lakeland


We have full-time career development professionals focused on helping you find meaningful internships and fulltime careers in your field of study.


Interested? Find out more about transferring to Lakeland by contacting Ben Zuengler, admissions advisor, at 920-565-1000 ext. 2138 or , or fill out the form below and a Lakeland representative will contact you.


Application Checklist

Application Checklist

Thinking about transferring to Lakeland's traditional undergraduate program? Here's an easy checklist to get you started:

  1. Apply to Lakeland. Call our office to request a paper application, or complete it online. There is no fee to apply.
  2. Have your transcripts sent to us from every college you have attended. Use the mailing address below.
  3. Check with Ben Zuengler to see if you should have your high school transcript and ACT scores sent to us.
  4. Apply for financial aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and list Lakeland as a receiving institution. Our FAFSA code is 003854.

Hide this tab

View Transfer Policies

Students who wish to transfer to Lakeland from another college must be in good academic standing and must submit official academic transcripts from all other colleges attended. Only coursework which is similar to courses offered at Lakeland College and in which the student has earned a grade of "C" or better will transfer. Grades earned at other colleges are not included in the Lakeland GPA. The Lakeland credit unit is the semester hour, which is equivalent to 1.5 quarter hours. All work completed at other colleges will be converted to semester hours when evaluating transferable credits. All applicants will receive an evaluation of their transferable credits with a listing of the courses required to complete a Lakeland College degree when their application files are complete and admission decisions have been made. All transfer students must complete a minimum of 30 semester hours of coursework at Lakeland College in order to earn a Lakeland degree.

Transferring from Two-Year Schools

The college-level work of students transferring from accredited two year colleges or technical schools will be evaluated on a course-by-course basis. A minimum grade of "C" must be earned to receive transfer credit, unless an associates degree has been earned. Lakeland College accepts up to 72 semester hours of transferred credits from any combination of accredited two-year schools.

Transferring as an Associate Degree Graduate

Associate degree graduates from approved two-year college or technical school programs will receive approximately two years of college credit when transferring to Lakeland. Lakeland College accepts 60-72 semester hours of transferred credits from any combination of approved two-year programs when an associate degree has been earned.

Transferring from Four-Year Schools

The college-level work of students transferring from accredited four-year colleges will be evaluated on a course-by-course basis. Lakeland College accepts up to 90 semester hours of transferred credits from any combination of accredited four-year schools.

Transferring with a Completed Bachelor's Degree

Students who have completed a bachelor's degree at another institution and wish to earn an additional bachelor's degree at Lakeland College will be required to complete the coursework for the appropriate Lakeland major and, except for education majors, will be exempted from Lakeland interdisciplinary studies requirements. As with all other transfer students, those who are enrolling for a second degree at Lakeland must complete at least 30 semester hours of Lakeland coursework to earn a Lakeland degree.


Individuals who have earned a cumulative college GPA of 2.0 or higher will be considered for admission to Lakeland College. Students who have earned a cumulative college GPA of less than 2.0 may also be considered for admission if they have completed less than 30 semester hours of college work and would have been qualified for admission to Lakeland on the basis of their high school records. If official records are not on file at least one week prior to the start of Lakeland classes, students will be asked to obtain and submit unofficial copies of records and/or grade slips before being allowed to register. Registration for subsequent terms will not be allowed until the application file is complete

Hide this tab


 The scholarships on this page are limited to full-time, traditional program students.

Academic Scholarship Requirements 2014-2015 Academic Year

If you are transferring to Lakeland with a strong cumulative GPA, you may be eligible to receive an academic scholarship. The tables below reflect the yearly scholarship amounts awarded based upon your cumulative GPA. There is no need for an additional application - just apply for admission and submit your FAFSA.

Transfer Student Cumulative GPAAwardYearly Amount
2nd Degree Student Cumulative GPA *AwardYearly Amount

* Students who have already earned a bachelor's degree.

Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship

If you are a member of the Phi Theta Kappa national honor society, be sure to note this on your admission application. Lakeland will award a $2,000 annual scholarship to transfer students belonging to Phi Theta Kappa. The scholarship is in addition to the designated academic scholarship (see above) and is renewable if the student maintains a minimum GPA of 3.0 at Lakeland.

Other Scholarship Opportunities

Please communicate your interest in any of the following areas to Ben Zuengler in order to learn about potential scholarship opportunities in art, music (band, choir or piano), cheer, dance, debate and forensics.

If you have been referred to Lakeland by an alumni, please mention this to Ben Zuengler. An alumni scholarship may be offered upon receipt of an alumni referral form.

If you are a member of a United church of Christ Congregation, mention this to Ben Zuengler to discuss the UCC pastor's scholarship

For more financial aid options, click here.

Hide this tab

Transfer Advice

Transfer Advice

This information is to assist students students planning to transfer to Lakeland from a regionally accredited college or university

Expository and persuasive writing classes are required of all students.

Students should take a class from seven of the eight categories listed below:

History and Political Science

World Languages

Literature and Writing


Art, Music and Theatre

Philosophy and Religion

Natural Sciences

Social Sciences

*This information is for advising purposes only. Contact Ben Zuengler for specific course requirements. Transfer credit is awarded by Lakeland college's Registrar after a student has been accepted and upon receipt of official college transcripts*

Hide this tab

Contact Us
Personal Information
Permanent Address
Enrollment Information
Education Information
Other College Information
Looking for online or evening classes? See our Adult Education pages for more information.

* Students not currently in High School

Lakeland College Logo

Contact Us

Got questions or comments? Let us know:

  • PHONE: 1 (800) 569-2166
    FAX: 920-565-1206
  • MAIL: PO Box 359, Sheboygan, WI 53082-0359
  • DIRECTIONS: W3718 South Drive Plymouth, WI 53073-4878

Connect with us

Follow us & get in touch.

You are here: Home Traditional Undergraduate Future Students Transfer/Non-Traditional Students