A Lakeland College Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) degree in specialized administration is designed for students who have completed an associate degree in an approved technical field and who wish to complete a Bachelor of Arts degree program.
Since associate degree holders have already received theoretical and practical information in a technical field, the specialized administration major concentrates on a combination of liberal arts coursework and a core of business-related courses. These courses are selected to encourage the integration of skills, knowledge and values in methodical, rational approaches to problem solving.
REQUIRED COURSEWORK (30 semester hours)
All courses listed are 3 semester hours unless otherwise indicated.
An associate of arts degree in an approved technical field:
- ACC 210 Financial Accounting Principles
- BUS 301 Management Information Systems
- BUS 330 Management Principles
- BUS 350 Marketing Principles
- BUS 410 Business Law I
- BUS 491 Business Policy and Strategy (Writing Intensive)
- ECN 220 Principles of Macroeconomics
- ECN 230 Principles of Microeconomics
- 6 semester hours of divisionally approved electives.
The Specialized Administration Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) degree is currently offered at all of Lakeland College Centers, and through Lakeland College Online™. Most courses are also offered BlendEd®.
- Sheboygan Center
- Milwaukee Center
- Madison Center
- Green Bay Center
- Fox Cities Center
- Central Wisconsin Center
- Chippewa Valley Center
- Lakeland College Online