Lakeland College

Frequently Asked Questions

What is my GPA?

This information cannot be given out over the phone or via email. Please stop in the Registrar's Office to inquire in person. Evening, Weekend and Online students can ask their adult education counselor in person.

What should I wear?

If it's a warm day, guests should be mindful that it can become very warm in the Wehr Center during the commencement ceremony. Guests are encouraged to dress for both the event and the weather.

When will I receive my diploma? What will my diploma say?

You will receive your diploma in the mail after the term in which your degree requirements are completed. Diplomas are generally mailed 1-2 months after term completion, provided a student’s requirements have been met and the student account is free of any holds. The diploma states your name and indicates that you have been awarded a Bachelor of Arts degree (for undergraduates) or a master’s degree, by program (for graduate students). Majors, minors and honors are not listed on the diploma. Your major and honors are listed in the graduation program and on your transcript.

Is there a viewing area for people in wheelchairs?

A reserved area with limited space for guests requiring wheelchairs is available. Guests in wheelchairs and up to one other guest will be seated in this area. Please ask honor marshals for directions to this section. First aid services, provided by Plymouth EMTs, will be present during the commencement exercises. In addition, the college will have a limited number of wheelchairs on hand for emergency purposes.

What happens after the commencement ceremony?

A President’s Reception for all students, their families and guests, faculty and staff will be held in the Woltzen Gym following Commencement.

Is there a rehearsal for the commencement ceremony?

Yes, at 10:30 a.m. on Sunday, May 4. Attending the rehearsal is strongly encouraged. If you cannot attend, please seek the counsel of and/or follow the example of someone who did. Also, your line marshals and the commencement marshal will be signaling moves, so be alert to instructions from them.

Should we bring our family pet along?

Please leave your pets at home. Since the weather in May can sometimes be unseasonably warm, leaving pets unattended while attending the ceremony can become a health risk issue for the pet.

Is smoking allowed at Lakeland?

Smoking is not permitted in any college building. Smoking is permitted outdoors only.

Will there be any concessions available?

During the commencement ceremony, a variety of snacks and bottled water will be available for purchase at the Wehr Center concession stand. Please DO NOT bring your snacks into the fieldhouse.

Will you have flowers to purchase?

It is a tradition to present graduates with a bouquet of flowers following the ceremony. We will have beautiful bouquets of roses available on campus on Sunday, May 4, at the Campus Center front desk. Lakeland's National Senior Honor Society, The Mortar Board, will sell roses as a fundraiser for their organization. Roses will be sold by the dozen and half-dozen, at $25 and $18 respectively. If you plan on presenting your graduate with flowers, please consider buying them on campus.

Where should I stand to get pictures/video?

Let us take your special pictures and video for you!

Professional photographers will capture the moment of each graduate being presented his/her diploma. A proof of this photo will be emailed to each participant by Empire Photography a few weeks after the ceremony and additional copies may be ordered. Contact Empire at 800-747-2941, 608-257-2941 or .

A DVD of the complete ceremony will be available for purchase for $20. Order forms for the video will be mailed with tickets, or contact Brian Andrews Video Productions at 920-565-2169 or to order a copy.

These services are provided so there is one less thing for you to worry about during this busy time. The area near the stage can become quite congested with photographers, so your family and friends will have a difficult time getting a photo of you receiving your diploma. There will be ample opportunities for you to get pictures and video following the ceremony.

Will Lakeland send news of my graduation to my hometown newspaper?

Lakeland distributes a news release listing names of local graduates to the newspapers listed below. If you are from one of the regions served by one of these papers, they will receive your name as part of our news release. (Please note that larger dailies such as the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel and Chicago Tribune/Sun-Times do not publish graduation lists):

  • The Sheboygan Press
  • Appleton Post Crescent
  • Oshkosh Northwestern
  • Fond du Lac Reporter
  • Green Bay Press Gazette
  • Milw. suburban papers (CNI papers)
  • Wisconsin State Journal (Madison)
  • The Capital Times (Madison)
  • Chippewa Falls Herald
  • Wisconsin Rapids Tribune
  • Stevens Point Journal
  • Marshfield Herald
  • Wausau Daily News

If you have questions, or need assistance in developing a news release to send to your community newspaper, contact David Gallianetti in the communications office at (920) 565-1219 or .

Can I purchase a class ring?

Class rings by Jostens and diploma frames by Framing Success are available through the Campus Shop. Stop in or call 800-438-8398 and they will send you a brochure. For more information, contact Deb Hausler in the Campus Shop at 800-438-8398 or e-mail .

Lakeland College Logo

Contact Us

Got questions or comments? Let us know:

  • PHONE: 1 (800) 569-2166
    FAX: 920-565-1206
  • MAIL: PO Box 359, Sheboygan, WI 53082-0359
  • DIRECTIONS: W3718 South Drive Plymouth, WI 53073-4878

Connect with us

Follow us & get in touch.

You are here: Home Inside Lakeland Calendar Commencement 2014 Frequently Asked Questions