Lakeland University

Payment Options

Lakeland College offers several payment plans for tuition, room and board and fees. You can:

  • Pay the semester balance in full - Lakeland College accepts cash, personal checks, money orders, cashier’s checks and credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover). 
  • Participate in our interest-free tuition payment plan - For a small yearly fee, this convenient option allows you to spread out your payments over eight to 10 months without interest charges. Contact Tuition Management Service (TMS) directly for more information at 888-713-7234 or visit their website at
  • Pay in monthly installments - Under our in-house plan, you pay 1/3 of the total charges plus a 1.5 periodic rate finance charge each month for three months. For 2015-2016, fall due dates are Aug. 26, Sept. 25 and Oct. 21; spring due dates are Jan. 6, Feb. 5 and March 4.  
  • Receive a PLUS (Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students) - This federally sponsored loan program allows parents to borrow money for their children's education costs. Click here for more information or contact the Financial Aid Office at 920-565-1032.
  • Take out alternative loans - Bank-sponsored loans are readily available. Student borrowers generally need a co-signer.

If you have military benefits, you will not be responsible for finance charges. Military benefits must be confirmed by the veterans coordinator.

Things you should know

  • The account balance must be paid in full before the start of the next semester – Students must complete a “student agreement and disclosure statement” each semester. This form may now be signed online through your account (see the student accounts tab). For this process to work, tuition charges must be billed and you must have a payment plan affiliated with your account. If either of these pieces is missing, you will receive an error message. To select a payment plan, click on the Payment Plan Option selection tab. We will update accounts at the beginning of each business day. If online access is not available, you may print and submit the student agreement and disclosure statement to the student accounts office. If you have any questions, contact Sue Bialk, manager of student accounts, at 920-565-1032 ext 2378 or .
  • Stafford Loans acquisition requires two steps by you – If you accepted a federal Stafford subsidized and/or unsubsidized loan as part of your financial aid, there are a couple of steps that need to be completed prior to your loan(s) being disbursed to your tuition account. These steps include completing loan entrance counseling (for first-time borrowers) and completing the Master Promissory Note (MPN). All Stafford loans will come from the U.S. Department of Education through the Federal Direct Loan Program. Click on the following links to complete the requirement(s) for your Federal Direct Loan:
  • “PLUS” loans available - The Federal PLUS Loan provides loans to parents of dependent students who are attending post-secondary schools. All loan funds received under the program must be used to pay for the cost of attending a post-secondary school.
    Parents can apply for instant pre-approval online and complete the Master Promissory Note for PLUS online. If you do not have online access, contact the financial aid office. Be aware that credit check/loan approval is valid for a minimum of 180 days.
    The Financial Aid Office will be notified of the credit decision. If the application is approved, the Financial Aid Office will certify the PLUS loan. If a parent is denied a PLUS loan, the student's financial aid package will be reviewed to determine if there is additional federal direct unsubsidized loan eligibility for the student. A revised award letter will be completed.
  • Exhaust all federal loan options before applying for alternative loans – If additional funding is needed, alternative loans are available through a variety of national lending institutions. Minimum and maximum amounts to borrow vary by program, but all require a satisfactory credit history for approval. These loans have their own application processes, which are available online. Please contact us for the most current alternative loan information.
  • Exit counseling is required for those who borrow from the federal government – Federal regulations require students who have borrowed through a federal loan program to participate in an exit counseling session after they drop below half-time status or are no longer enrolled. You may complete this requirement online. You will need your Department of Education FSA ID username and password to complete exit counseling.
Lakeland University Logo

Contact Us

Got questions or comments? Let us know:

  • PHONE: 1 (800) 569-2166
    FAX: 920-565-1062
  • MAIL: W3718 South Drive, Plymouth, WI 53073-4878 | Directions

Connect with us

Follow us & get in touch.

You are here: Home Financial Aid Payment Options