Lakeland College's Award-Winning Dining Services offers a wide selection of meal plans as well as lots and lots of really great food! The meal plans, in descending order of price, are the Blue, Gold, Platinum, Sapphire, and Diamond. Each offers a selected number of meals which can be eaten in Blue & Gold Dining, Flex Meals, and Muskie Money. You will notice that as the number of Blue & Gold Dining meals decreases, a larger portion of the cost of the plan shifts toward Muskie Money. But first, let's define the terms:
- Blue & Gold Dining Meals are those which may be eaten in the main dining hall - Bossard Hall. B&G Dining is an "all you care to eat" facility where a Campus One Card (your ID card) meal scan allows you to eat as much as you want at each meal. You may scan for a breakfast combo in The Daily Grind. Food may not be taken out of the dining room (except for a piece of fruit or a couple of cookies or an ice cream treat). In keeping with our Sustainability Program, we ask students to eat all they take so food is not wasted.
- Flex Meals are those meals on the plan which may be used in Bossard for regular meals or for guests. They may also be used as a meal "equivalency" (an entrée, drink and a side item) in the Muskie Grill. Flex meals may be used during posted hours in case a student has missed a meal time period in Blue & Gold Dining. Use you Campus One Card to make Flex Meal choices.
- Muskie Money is the next component of the meal plans. It is an amount of money placed in a "debit account" for food purchases in the Muskie Mart, Muskie Grill, Daily Grind, and the Pub. This debit money may be used at any time those locations are open. Use your Campus One Card to make Muskie Money purchases.
- The "General Account" is a voluntary debit card program which may be used in all dining venues and in the Campus Shop (bookstore). Money left in your General Account may be refunded at any time at the Business Office, WAK, First Floor. Use your Campus One Card to make General Account purchases.
Blue & Gold Dining Meals and Flex Meals left over at the end of each semester do not carry over to the next semester. Muskie Money left over Fall Semester will carry over to Spring Semester and May Term, but are forfeit at the end of May Term. Based on the Spring Semester meal plan, a pro-rated number of meals is automatically entered into the student's account for those attending May Term classes.
The Blue Plan
- 150 Blue & Gold Dining Meals
- 50 Flex Meals
- $195 in Muskie Money
The Gold Plan
- 110 Blue & Gold Dining Meals
- 40 Flex Meals
- $325 in Muskie Money
The Platinum Plan
- 75 Blue & Gold Dining Meals
- 25 Flex Meals
- $490 in Muskie Money
The Sapphire Plan (Apartment residents only)
- 60 Blue & Gold Dining Meals
- 15 Flex Meals
- $540 in Muskie Money
The Diamond Plan (Optional, for commuter students only)
- 20 Blue & Gold Dining Meals
- 15 Flex Meals
- $225 in Muskie Money
All resident students are required to purchase a meal plan.