Spiritual Life Council
The SLC is the student programming board for spiritual life of the Lakeland College community. This group draws together students who have interests that are religious in nature, but diverse in expression. Programs and events hosted by the SCL lift up education, justice, worship, service and friendship.
The Goals of the SLC
- To build a community of people who are committed to nurturing spiritual growth;
- To create an inclusive community that is welcoming to people from all faith backgrounds;
- To create opportunities for conversation about moral and spiritual concerns;
- To promote awareness of religious pluralism;
- To give voice and expression to the religious needs of the Lakeland community;
- To be in service of our local, regional and global community;
- To foster stronger ties between Lakeland College and regional/national religious organizations.
Spiritual Life Council Board 2011-2012
- President: Jenna Oberthaler '14
- Vice President: Amy Borntrager '14
- Public Relations Coordinators: Erica Ebertsch '14
- Events: Vashia Gordon '12, David Werner '14