Every college and university say they care about student success, but Lakeland backs it up with words and action. The latest example is our highly progressive "Success and Engagement Coach" initiative.
You, along with every other Lakeland University traditional undergraduate student, are assigned a Success and Engagement Coach. These coaches are dedicated professionals who provide personal support across many platforms to help you succeed — at Lakeland and beyond.
Among the many ways your coach will be there for you include:
- Helping you stay connected to your professors and advisors
- Keeping you abreast of extra-curricular activities on and off campus
- Assisting you as you navigate the world of higher education
- Informing you about Lakeland's many existing resources and networks, such as the Hayssen Academic Resource Center
- Mentoring you through the sometimes complicated academic and social transition into college
- Knowing your post-graduate career plans and helping you stay on course to achieve them
- Guiding you toward satisfying, valuable internships and other pre-professional experiences
- Serving as your primary point of contact when you seek assistance or have concerns
The cost of obtaining a bachelor's degree has increased dramatically over the past two decades. Lakeland wants students to maximize their college experience, while minimizing its costs.
Our Success and Engagement Coaches are driven to make sure you — and every other Lakeland University student — succeeds. Because we care.