We hope your time with us is a healthy and enjoyable experience. The Health Center is an on campus health resource located on the ground floor of Brotz Hall. We are here to help with your basic health needs and as a referral service to outside providers as needed.
Students are required to have some type of medical insurance. Family policies usually include students until the age of 26. Check with your policy to find out what is covered and if there are certain providers you must see. Health insurance is available through Lakeland College.
We provide care for your basic health needs such as colds, sore throats, sinus problems, rashes plus many others. We also monitor blood pressures, weight control, etc. We do testing for Strep, Pregnancy, TB. There is a Nurse Practitioner available one day a week in the Health Center. Any illness that requires more care will be referred off campus. This may be to your own physician or a local provider. We usually refer to Aurora System.
We carry a variety of over the counter medications for the students. Prescriptions are written by the nurse practioner. More extensive services include Sport Physicals, STD treatment and counseling, and Allergy Injections. Most services and over the counter medications are free but there is a minimal $25 for physicals.
If you have any questions please call us at 920-565-1034 x2385 with your concerns and we would be happy to help you.
Each student is required to have a health form on file. These forms will be sent to you but are also available below.
All students are required to complete the following:
- Health Assessment Form and Hepatitis B and Meningitis Form. (Please print off and mail into: Student Services - Housing/Medical, Lakeland College, PO Box 359, Sheboygan WI 53082-9908.
- Emergency Form and Health Insurance Form found on the Health Service page on My.Lakeland. The Link will open in a new window.
For more information regarding the health insurance plans, please see the information below:
- Voluntary Plan. Available to all domestic and international students. Can be used as a secondary plan to be used in Wisconsin. (Only plan available for international student-athletes).
- Enrollment Application. Please fill out if choosing Voluntary Plan or plan to have dependents covered.
- Hard Waiver Plan. Students will be put on the "0 Deductible Plan" if no proof of insurance is shown before September 1, 2015. (Afterward, no refunds for proof of insurance will be granted).