You've invested in your promising future through Lakeland University. Now let our Career Readiness and Professional Development Office, with its vast experience and numerous resources, help you maximize that return on investment.
Our staff members are experts on the always-changing hiring trends and professional protocol. There's plenty of competition out there for the best jobs, but we can help you gain an edge.
Check out these free services, all available to Lakeland University Evening, Weekend and Online students:
- Individual reviews of resumes, cover letters and references
- Assessments to help you determine or reinforce career interests and vocational strengths
- Resources to help you identify career options and determine career goals
- An online career profile system, called Career Connect, that streamlines job listings and clearly identifies hiring employees
- Assistance with strengthening your LinkedIn profile and becoming a proficient user of other online tools
- The opportunity to complete practice interviews – in-person or by phone – and receiving professional feedback afterward
- Assistance with establishing contact with employers for job shadow opportunities
- Access to a comprehensive list of on-line job boards and materials for students interested in attending graduate school
- Assistance with negotiating salary and benefits with prospective employers
As you continue to grow and develop as a professional, we encourage you to seek the ongoing assistance of the Career Readiness and Professional Development Office staff.