Every college says they care about student success, but Lakeland backs it up with words and action. The latest example is our highly progressive "Success and Engagement Coach" initiative.
Your student, along with every other Lakeland University traditional undergraduate student, is assigned a Success and Engagement Coach. These coaches are dedicated professionals who provide personal support across many platforms to help your student succeed — at Lakeland and beyond.
Among the many ways your coach will be there for your student include:
- Helping your student stay connected to your professors and advisors
- Keeping your student abreast of extra-curricular activities on and off campus
- Assisting your student as they navigate the world of higher education
- Informing your student about Lakeland's many existing resources and networks, such as the Hayssen Academic Resource Center
- Mentoring your student through the sometimes complicated academic and social transition into college
- Knowing your student's post-graduate career plans and helping them stay on course to achieve them
- Guiding your student toward satisfying, valuable internships and other pre-professional experiences
- Serving as your student's primary point of contact when they seek assistance or have concerns
The cost of obtaining a bachelor's degree has increased dramatically over the past two decades. Lakeland wants students to maximize their college experience, while minimizing its costs.
Our Success and Engagement Coaches are driven to make sure your student — and every other Lakeland University student — succeeds. Because we care.
Interested in learning more about Lakeland's Success and Engagement Coach initiative? Contact us today and one of our admission counselors will personally call you and tell you more about how this program can help your student prepare for the future.
Lakeland University is excited to announce the creation of a Parent Association starting in 2015! Research has shown an increase in retention rates for students whose parents are actively involved in their education. We are looking for parents to join the Parent Association who share the mission of the Student Success & Engagement Office — Stay in School, Get Good Grades and Graduate! Information regarding membership fees, rewards and the executive board are provided below. If you are interested in becoming a member of the Parent Association, please fill out our online form, or contact Lisa Stephan.
- Two-Year Membership – $25
- Four-Year Membership – $40
- (2) Four-Year Memberships – $50
- Parent Association T-shirt
- Personal Invitations to Big Fish Festival
- Coffee and Doughnuts Breakfast
- Regular updates through email and social media
- Exclusive invitations for Parent Association Members only
The Executive Board consists of a President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, and Recruiter. Each board member will serve a term of two years, commencing July 1 through June 30. Parents may serve more than one term but not more than two consecutive terms. Parents are selected to the Executive Board by the Dean of Students.
- President shall preside over all Executive Board meetings and attend Big Fish Festival as representative.
- Vice President shall coordinate volunteer activities for events hosted by the Parent Association and preside over all Executive Board meetings in absence of President.
- Secretary shall record and maintain the minutes of each board meeting and be responsible for communication of the Parent Association.
- Treasurer shall be responsible for recording all financial transactions and be the signing authority for Parent Association financial transactions.
- Recruiter shall aid in recruiting Lakeland University parents to the Association and be responsible for communication with members about upcoming events.