Lakeland University has agreed to provide its residence hall facilities to Interns of the Kohler Company within the following date range: June 4, 2017 to August 6, 2017.
The housing agreement is between the "Intern" sponsored by Kohler Company and Lakeland University. The undersigned hereafter referred to as "Intern" and Lakeland University hereafter referred to as the "University", agree to the following fees and conditions regarding the "Intern's" stay at "University".
The Intern acknowledges the housing provided is dormitory style. If the Intern selects a double room, another Intern may occupy their sleeping facilities. If the Intern selects a single room, the sleeping facilities will not be shared. Whether the selection is a double or single room, kitchen and bathroom facilities are shared within the apartment. Linens, consisting of bed linens, towels, washcloths and pillows are provided. The washing of linens during the time of stay is the responsibility of the Intern. Rooms are equipped with free internet and cable television services. Rooms do not have phones. Interns may use the University's gym and wellness center.
- Check-In Time is no earlier than 3:00 p.m. on the day of arrival. Interns should go to the front desk at the lower level of the Campus Center to check in.
- Check-Out Time is no later than 12:00 p.m. or Noon. Check-Out must be prearranged. A residence hall staff member will come to the room to check-out the occupant.
It is the intention of the University to house Interns with other Interns, though depending upon enrollment or summer programs, students or other guests may occupy other apartments in a building. Reservations for Summer 2017 will be taken until April 29, 2017, after that date, the University cannot guarantee room availability.
Rates for housing are as follows:
Single Room with Linens: $90.00 per week, per person
Double Room with Linens: $60.00 per week, per person
Early arrivals will be charged the current daily single or double room with linen rates. A $200.00 deposit to Lakeland University at the time of application is required to hold your reservation.
The University's food service offers meals throughout the period noted above. Each meal is a flat rate with discounts for purchased meal plans. All meals are cafeteria style allowing the Intern to return for more food. Special dietary needs are accommodated.
Meals can be purchased on a per meal basis at the prices listed below:
Breakfast (7-8am) $6.25/person
Lunch (11am – 1pm) $9.00/person
Dinner (4:30-6pm) $11.00/person
Meal Plans allow an individual to purchase a number of meals in advance. The specifics and rates for the weekly meal plans are as follows:
- 10 Meals per Week Plan is $95.00.
- 5 Meals per Week Plan is $45.00.
Meals not purchased during a given week shall be forfeited. Multiple weeks of meals may be purchased at one time.
Each Intern is required to complete and sign this housing contract agreeing to its financial obligations and adherence to the University's policies and procedures. A $200.00 deposit is due to Lakeland University at the time of application is required to hold your reservation. Cancellation prior to April 29, 2017 will result in a refund of your deposit. The Intern is responsible for any and all damages done to University property. Any damage charges will be itemized and applied against the deposit. If the deposit is insufficient, damages will be billed to the Intern. Pre-payment shall be made prior to the week of stay. Interns are to make weekly payments to the University the Friday prior to the next week of stay. Provisions for alternative housing will be made by the University if building maintenance requires relocation.
- The Intern will use and occupy the facilities for the exclusive purpose of residential living at the University while participating in an internship at Kohler Company. The intern will conform to and comply with all applicable municipal, county, state, and federal ordinances, laws, rules and regulations in using the facilities, and will not use the facilities so as to create any nuisance. The Intern shall comply with rules of conduct and safety promulgated by the University.
- The University reserves the right to have University officials enter any portion of the premises used by the Intern and eject any objectionable person or persons from University property.
- The Intern agrees not to deface University premises in any way such as by driving nails or screws into walls, marking or painting any surface, or making any alterations to any doors or windows, etc.
- The Intern agrees to pay any and all damages to University property due to the actions of the intern or individuals associated with the intern.
- The Intern agrees not to assign its rights to use University property to any other group or individual.
- This agreement will bind both the Intern and the University to the contractual tenets contained herein for housing.
- This agreement will bind both the Intern and the University and, except as above provided may be cancelled by either party only upon the giving of written notice at seven (7) days prior to the date of the occupancy or termination.
- The performance of this agreement by either party is subject to acts of God, war, government regulations, disaster, strikes, civil disorder, curtailment of transportation facilities, or other emergency making it inadvisable, illegal, or impossible to provide the facilities to house the interns. It is provided that this agreement may be terminated for any one or more of such reasons by written notice from one party to the other.