Click for home. Lakeland University

home-slideshow-07.jpg

Fire at LakelandAn accidental fire midday Sunday (June 21) caused significant damage to a Lakeland College residence hall.

A fire started in the east building of Hill House from a resident student cooking. Lakeland security was notified of the fire shortly before 12:37 p.m. and immediately contacted the Sheboygan County Sheriff’s Department. The student was treated for non-life threatening injuries.

Both the east and west units of Hill will be closed to residents and the long-term status of Hill is pending further investigation of the structures. Approximately 22 people – some students and non-student area interns – who were living in Hill will be provided different accommodations on campus.

Members of Lakeland’s student life and Student Success and Engagement teams were on campus working to get the affected students whatever they needed. A more organized effort that will allow others to help those affected will be announced soon.

Hill is one of 10 residence halls on Lakeland’s campus. It was built in 1994 and is named for former Lakeland President Richard Hill.

Any media outlets with questions should contact David Gallianetti at 920-980-5313. 

In the headlines

Making a strong impression Making a strong impression

May Yia Xiong’s internship at Johnsonville ends in October, but her relationship with the company will continue... More detail

News Archive

Blog Archive

What's on the calendar

Sep 29 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm

Sep 30 4:30 pm - 6:30 pm

Sep 30 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm

Oct 1 9:00 am - 7:00 pm

All Events