Click for home. Lakeland University

Fire at LakelandAn accidental fire midday Sunday (June 21) caused significant damage to a Lakeland College residence hall.

A fire started in the east building of Hill House from a resident student cooking. Lakeland security was notified of the fire shortly before 12:37 p.m. and immediately contacted the Sheboygan County Sheriff’s Department. The student was treated for non-life threatening injuries.

Both the east and west units of Hill will be closed to residents and the long-term status of Hill is pending further investigation of the structures. Approximately 22 people – some students and non-student area interns – who were living in Hill will be provided different accommodations on campus.

Members of Lakeland’s student life and Student Success and Engagement teams were on campus working to get the affected students whatever they needed. A more organized effort that will allow others to help those affected will be announced soon.

Hill is one of 10 residence halls on Lakeland’s campus. It was built in 1994 and is named for former Lakeland President Richard Hill.

Any media outlets with questions should contact David Gallianetti at 920-980-5313. 

Take a virtual tour of Lakeland's campus anytime, anywhere

virtual tour

In the headlines

BIO 421 Students reflect on their trip to Belize

Five Lakeland students spent a portion of their summer in Belize, Central America, where they traveled for the... More detail

News Archive

Blog Archive

What's on the calendar

20 Sep
Free yoga
Sep 20 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
26 Sep
Lit Loungers Books Group
Sep 26 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
27 Sep
Free yoga
Sep 27 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm

All Events