Science - Life and Environmental Emphasis
This minor is especially designed for students majoring in Middle Childhood through Early Adolescence Education who have an interest in and an aptitude for the natural sciences. It provides a broad background in the sciences, without the depth of focus required of a minor in one specific discipline.
Science Minor Faculty
Science - Life and Environmental Emphasis (31 semester hours and the appropriate education requirements) Life and Environmental Science Emphasis for Teacher Education Certification (grades 1-8)
- BIO 101 Environmental Science (4 semester hours)
- BIO 111 Life Sciences I (4 semester hours)
- BIO 112 Life Sciences II (4 semester hours)
- CHM 131 Principles of Chemistry I (4 semester hours)
- CHM 132 Principles of Chemistry II (4 semester hours)
- CHM 200 Earth Systems (4 semester hours)
- PHY 200 Celestial Systems (4 semester hours)
- One additional Biology (BIO) or Biochemistry (BIOC) course (minimum 3 semester hours) at the 300-level or above
Note: This minor is not available to students majoring in Biology, Chemistry, or Biochemistry.
To qualify for teaching certification at the Middle Childhood through Early Adolescence level (grades 1-8), a student must complete the Middle Childhood though Early Adolescence Major/Professional Sequence, the courses listed above, and the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction's (DPI) statutory requirements.