The sport management minor in combination with a exercise science and sport studies major can lead to careers in management and administration of sport programs in colleges, recreation centers, YMCA's, YWCA's, sports sales and marketing, public relations and marketing for sports organizations.
Sport Management Minor (24 semester hours)
- ACC 210 Financial Accounting Principles
- BUS 150 Pathways to Success Introduction to Business
- ECN 230 Principles of Microeconomics
- ESS 144 Introduction to Sport Studies
- ESS 315 Sports Marketing and Promotion
- ESS 324 Programming of Athletic Facilities and Events
- ESS 410 Organization and Management of Sport Programs (Writing Intensive)
- One of the following courses:
- ECN 301 The Economics of Sports
- ESS 264 Youth and Adolescence in Sport
- ESS 320 Gender and Racial Issues: Diversity in Sport
- ESS 450 The Essentials of Ethics and Law in Sport
A minor in Sport Management may not be combined with the Sport Studies emphasis in the Exercise Science and Sport Studies major.