For decades, proud Lakeland graduates have returned to campus, met current students and naturally become mentors to them.
But now, there’s an exciting new formal program, LU ONE, that matches alumni with current students – students who are eager to learn about the real world and soak up advice offered by successful professionals.
On Tuesday, LU ONE (Opportunity, Network & Experience) officially debuted with an introductory luncheon, during which many of the 32 graduates met the students they’ve been paired with.
Through LU ONE, mentors and their students are encouraged to communicate and meet regularly based on their needs, interests and availability.
If the energetic, enthusiastic interactions during Tuesday’s launch were any indication, LU ONE is off to a great start.
For more information about this innovative program, or to learn how to sign up for it in the future, visit https://lakeland.edu/Alumni-Giving/lu-one-opportunity-network-and-experience.
Following are the current student/graduate pairings, with each student’s major and each graduate’s current position:
- Aaron Barth (jr., business administration and communication) and James Schramm ’97 and MBA ’10 (employee development coach, Kohler Credit Union)
- Carly Brault (jr., business administration) and Celine Elzinga '10 (director of human resources, CSC)
- Emma Bruder (soph., sport management/athletic coaching and administration) and Katie Britton MAC '14 (assistant director of the Crusader Fund at Valparaiso University)
- Brianna Buzzell (jr., business administration and marketing) and Kristina Filipovic '10 (senior account service executive, Milwaukee Bucks)
- Marlyn Caballero (soph., business administration) and Artur Barsegyan '01 and MBA '03 (communications specialist/email marketing, Kohler Co.)
- Andrew Cecere (jr., mathematics) and Russ Sprunger '75 (senior business development manager, Intel Corporation)
- Killian Eggert (soph., accounting and business management) and Devin Doyle '08 (senior systems analyst, Kohler Co.)
- Stephanie Figueroa (soph., marketing with an emphasis in graphic arts) and Barkha Daily '07 (founder/owner of the cheel restaurant)
- Ian Gioacchini (jr., accounting) and Joe Steffensmeier '04 (cost accounting and fixed assets financial reporting, Sargento Foods)
- Olivia Hansen (jr., psychology) and Heidi Gudmundson '08 (executive director, Sheboygan County Interfaith Organization)
- Megan Hellmer (jr., psychology) and Chelsy Cegielski MBA '02 (career advisor for the College of Business, UW-Oshkosh)
- Joshua Hogan (soph., business administration) and Kyle Nothem '01 and MBA '14 (president, Glacier Transit and Storage)
- Cristopher Jackson (soph., sports management and leadership) and Chris Lindeke MAC '10 (assistant athletic director for communications, UW-Whitewater)
- Hailey Jester (jr., business administration) and Yui Schemrich '08 and MAC '11 (special events coordinator, John Michael Kohler Arts Center)
- Jori Kapla (jr., art/graphic art emphasis) and Sarah Buechel '06 (graphic designer, American Girl)
- Jacob Kroeger (jr., accounting) and Brian Kaufman '06 and MBA '09 (accounting manager of Laminations, a division of Great Northern)
- Christopher Leopold (jr., business administration) and Steve Vollmer '03 (self-employed graphic designer)
- Avinash Limbu (jr., business administration and marketing) and Shqipron Qunaj '11 (inside claims representative, Acuity)
- Patrick McDonald (soph., business administration and management) and Markus Savaglio '10 (business owner and realtor)
- Zachery Mock (soph., communication) and Dale Kooyenga '00 (state representative, Wisconsin State Assembly)
- Courtney Naser (jr., psychology) and Becky Tagel '99 (self-employed bookkeeper and business owner)
- Joshua Neloms (jr., accounting) and Mark Edmond '05 (career coach, Lakeshore Technical College)
- Reggie Nimmer (jr., business administration and management) and Cory Nickel '04 (owner of two Dairy Queen restaurants and a Shell convenience store)
- Jared Nummerdor (soph., accounting) and Mary Dennewitz '11 (associate national bank examiner, Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, an agency under the Department of Treasury)
- Donte Rowell (jr., sports management and leadership) and Travis Jones '90 (former President/CEO of publicly-traded Canadian company)
- Hannah Scherer (soph., marketing) and Caitlin Brotz '05 (founder/owner of Olivu 426)
- Jorden Sodergren (jr., business management and marketing) and Adam Beltran '12 (programmer/analyst, Acuity)
- Eddie Strickland (soph., sports management and leadership) and Courtney Gatlin '06 (founder/owner, Strength Through Leadership)
- Casey Takahashi (jr., exercise science) and Kellen Blanck-Grott '10 (chiropractor)
- Ashley Thomas (jr., marketing/graphic arts emphasis and business administration) and Jackie Stephan '11 (self-employed graphic designer and social media manager)
- Linda Xiong (soph., marketing) and Jesse VanCamp '09 (associate event coordinator, American Lung Association)
- Cal Zimborski (jr., accounting) and Mark J. Miller '78 (CPA for Kjer, Miller & Associates)