It's the easiest thing to wake up Monday in a crabby, tired, or just "blah" mood. Why?
Because it's Monday. It's almost become an excuse for not being in a good mood. But if you let your Monday slip through your fingers, you've only got four days left in the work week.
So, here is your Sunday reminder that you got this. Whatever this week throws at you, you can handle. I think sometimes we need that reminder. I know I sure do. My dad is the best at reminding me that "I got this". It can be easy to feel hopeless and drained, like we have no energy and we can't possibly finish another homework assignment if our life depended on. It’s especially easy to feel that way this time of year! There is midterms, projects, papers, and life. That might not seem like a lot to some people but for us college kids it sure seems like a lot. With all of the first semester breaks right around the corner it might seem easier to just give up and wait out the next week or so until Fall Break. But I’m telling you, don't let the time of year dictate how good your week is going to be.
So let this week be productive, filled with joy, and a lot of checks on your to-do list.
Here are my top 5 suggestions to make your Mondays, not so Monday-ish:
- Wake up early and make a to-do list for the day or week, it gives you something to strive for during the day.
- Make a breakfast that you enjoy, or go get a drink from The Daily Grind (or your fav coffee place).... have something that will make you happy.
- Clean your room/ apartment before you leave for the day. It feels so good to come home to a clean space.
- Treat yourself, whether it's dessert or a bubble bath or both. Make your Monday as you of a day as Friday.
- Go for a walk/ run and just enjoy being outside. Soak in the sunshine and let your mind relax for 20 minutes.
Have a fabulous week no matter where you are, what month it is, or what that week entails. Wake up early, make yourself a good breakfast, go for a walk, watch the sunrise, shower, clean your room, get your week started. Don't let Monday be your excuse to not have a good day or week. Who cares if it's Monday? It's your day!