More than a dozen professionals recently came to Lakeland for the fourth annual accounting opportunities night.
This event, which is planned by LU students majoring in accounting, allows current Lakeland students to hear from and network with professionals working in the accounting field.
The keynote speaker this year was Emily Grzesiak, a 2018 graduate who finished her undergraduate degree in 2.5 years and is working as an associate accounting analyst at Kohler Co. She discussed her first-year experience at Kohler, what she's been learning on the job and how her Lakeland experience set her up for success.
The evening featured dinner with professionals sitting at tables with students, followed by an opening networking session.
A number of other Lakeland graduates representing their employers attended including:
- Acuity: Michelle Schoemer '99
- Clifton Larson Allen: Jacob Barthels '19 and Michelle Wood '93
- Compeer Financial: Christina Plummer MBA '09
- Curt Joa: Courtney Christel '18
- Huberty: Logan Krueger '17
- Sargento: Amanda Western '13
- WE Energy: Christian Frahm '17
Johnsonville and Veritas were also represented.