Leadership is a key quality that today’s employers seek in their employees. The Master of Science in Leadership and Organizational Development graduate program is designed to equip students with the essential skills for successful careers in leadership and management positions.
This graduate program focuses on providing relevant knowledge for employability, advancing professionally and enhancing career opportunities for returning adult students seeking employment, employment change, career progression and personal development.
This program is ideal for non-profit, law enforcement, human resources and any other professionals who want to hone their leadership skills. This program focuses on leadership skills and organizational development practices in the workplace; whereas the more traditional MBA focuses on accounting, finance, statistics and economics. Students can however, take elective courses in those areas or pursue a concentration area if they choose.
Students who have successfully completed this program will be able to:
- Lead people through an ever changing and competitive work environment.
- Become an effective leader.
- Develop skills, knowledge and ability in many facets of today’s complex organizations, including the growing need for competent leaders who can effectively lead change and strategic management.
- Communicate effectively, including the appropriate use of technology.
- Identify managerial interpersonal skills needed to motivate employees and carry out business objectives.
- Demonstrate effective ethical, professional and collaborative behaviors.
- Apply the discipline of leadership to creatively engage the community in meeting its challenges.
- Apply theory and principles of group dynamics in assuming multiple group roles and responsibilities.