Lakeland University's Consumer Information

Consumer Information Disclosures

In accordance with federal regulations set forth by The Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended by the Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008, Lakeland University is required to make available to enrolled students, prospective students and their parents certain consumer information. To meet the requirement, information for Lakeland University is provided below:


Mailing Address:
Lakeland University
Institutional Research - Office Hours: Monday - Friday – 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Main Campus – WA Krueger
W3718 South Drive
Plymouth WI 53073

Phone: 920-565-1000 ext. 2240



  • Lakeland University is committed to delivering high-quality service and encourages people to tell us when there is cause for concern or a need for improvement. Please email us at with your comments and suggestions.

Please include the following information:

  • Time, date of the issue
  • A detailed description of the issue. The more specifics you provide the quicker we can remedy the issue.
  • Contact information. We may contact you personally with additional questions or provide updates.

Please keep in mind that when you submit a comment your email address will be included with any message you send to Lakeland University. Learn more about Lakeland's Online Privacy Policy..

Privacy Policy

Types of Financial Aid

The Federal Work-Study Program provides jobs for students with financial need, which helps them earn money to pay for educational expenses and prepare them for life after Lakeland. It is awarded based on demonstrated financial need using information from the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and the initial maximum award is $3,600.

The Federal-Work Study award is not a guarantee of employment. Students will need to apply and be hired for a position, which is a competitive process. A list of all open on-campus positions can be found here:

For more information about the Federal Work-Study Program, please see the Department of Education's website:

Please refer to Student Employment – Frequently Asked Questions for further information about student employment.

For questions about Student Employment, please contact the Manager of Student Employment.

Federal Work-Study: Frequently Asked Questions

  1. Is the Federal-Work Study award automatically applied toward a student's account?
    No, the award is distributed bi-monthly based on the number of hours worked each month until the entire amount of the award has been earned. The earnings do not get posted to a student's account unless the student applies their check to their account. Students may use their earnings as they desire, towards their tuition or for other purposes.

  2. If a student has a Federal-Work Study award, do they automatically receive a student employee position?
    Students awarded Federal Work-Study are not guaranteed positions on campus, but they are given priority when supervisors hire students. Job opportunities for students with Federal Work-Study are relatively the same as they are for regular student employees. Students with Federal Work-Study can apply for any on-campus position. There are a few positions that require a Federal Work-Study award and the job posting will indicate this requirement.
  3. What happens if a student earns their total award prior to the end of the academic year?
    If a student employee earns their entire Federal Work-Study award before the end of the academic year, they are automatically switched to regular pay and may continue their employment.

  4. If a student does not secure a position in the beginning of the school year, will they lose their award?
    The Federal Work-Study award remains available for the student throughout the fall and spring semesters unless the student receives additional aid which affects their eligibility.

  5. Is the student employment process for students with Federal Work-Study the same as it is for students without?
    Both students with and without a Federal Work-Study Award are allowed to work on-campus. Both follow the same employment process to apply for and secure a position and to complete the required paperwork to be employed. They are paid the same rates for the same position and are required to follow the same employment rules.

A financial aid grant is money awarded to a student to pay for education expenses. Grants are given by the federal government, state governments, schools and private institutions and do not need to be repaid. Some grants are only applicable to tuition and fees, while others can cover additional expenses.



(Need based)

Federal Pell Grants are available to U.S. Citizens or eligible non-citizens who demonstrate exceptional financial need. The Pell Grant is only offered to undergraduate students. The amount of aid you can receive depends on your financial need, the cost of attendance, and your enrollment status. Effective on July 1, 2012, a student can receive the Federal Pell Grant for no more than 12 semesters or the equivalent of 600% LEU (Lifetime Eligibility Used). Students can view their lifetime eligibility on the website.

Eligibility: Students must be admitted and enrolled in a first undergraduate associate or bachelor degree program and demonstrate eligibility according to the federal student aid eligibility requirements.

Amount: $7,395 maximum – 2023-2024 academic year

Where/how to apply: Complete and submit the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) at


(Need based)

The Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG) is available to U.S. Citizens or eligible non-citizens who demonstrate exceptional financial need and who are also eligible for the Federal Pell Grant. To be eligible a student must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Federal Pell Grant recipients have priority for FSEOG funds.

Eligibility: Students must be enrolled at least half-time and have the lowest expected family contribution.

Amount: For 2023-2024, the maximum FSEOG award amount at Lakeland University is $1,000.

Renewal: Complete and submit the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).


(Non-need based)

The Teacher Education Assistance for University and Higher Education (TEACH) grant is a grant and is different from other federal student grants because it requires you to take certain kinds of classes in order to receive the grant. The grant then requires a certain type of employment to keep the grant from turning into a loan.


  • Demonstrate financial need
  • U.S. Citizen or eligible non-citizen
  • Be enrolled at least half-time
  • Be enrolled in a TEACH-Grant-eligible program.
  • Meet certain academic achievement requirements (generally, scoring above the 75th percentile on one or more portions of a University admissions test or maintaining a cumulative GPA of at least 3.25).
  • Maintain satisfactory academic progress
  • Must not be in default on any student loan


  • Must teach in a high-need field
  • Must teach at an elementary school, secondary school, or education service agency that serves students from low-income families
  • Must teach for at least four complete academic years within eight years after completing (or ceasing enrollment in) the course of study for which you received the grant.

Amount: For 2023-2024, the maximum TEACH grant amount is $4000.

Renewal: Complete and submit the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). Complete counseling each year that you receive a TEACH Grant. Sign a TEACH Grant Agreement to Serve.


(Non-need based)

The Iraq and Afghanistan Service Grant has special eligibility criteria. The grant is for students whose parent or guardian died as a result of military service in Iraq or Afghanistan after the events of 9/11; and who at the time of parent's or guardian's death, were less than 24 years old or were enrolled at least part-time at an institution of higher education.

If such students are not Pell-eligible due only to having less financial need than is required to receive Pell grant funds, they may be eligible for the Iraq and Afghanistan Service Grant.


  • you are not eligible for a Federal Pell Grant on the basis of your Expected Family Contribution
  • meet the remaining Federal Pell Grant eligibility requirements
  • your parent or guardian was a member of the U.S. armed forces and died as a result of military service performed in Iraq or Afghanistan after the events of 9/11
  • You were under 24 years old or enrolled in University at least part-time at the time of your parent's or guardian's death.

Amount: The grant award is equal to the amount of a maximum Federal Pell Grant for the award year but cannot exceed your cost of attendance for that award year.

Renewal: Complete and submit the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).


(Need based)

The Wisconsin Grant (WG) Program provides grant assistance to undergraduate, Wisconsin residents enrolled at least half-time in degree programs at Wisconsin private Universities. Funds for this program are limited and are based on financial need. The maximum award amount is established annually by the State of Wisconsin Higher Educational Aids Board (HEAB). Eligibility cannot exceed ten semesters.


  • Resident of Wisconsin as determined by State of Wisconsin Higher Educational Aids Board (HEAB)
  • Undergraduate student
  • Must not have a prior bachelor's degree
  • Enrolled at least half-time
  • Must be making satisfactory progress

Amount: $500 - $4,100 per academic year

Renewal: Complete the FAFSA. Award is renewed when application is complete and eligibility requirements are met while funding is still available.


(Need based)

The Talent Incentive Program (TIP) Grant provides grant assistance to the most financially needy and educationally disadvantaged Wisconsin resident students attending colleges and universities in the State of Wisconsin. First-year students are nominated for the TIP Grant by the school financial aid offices or by counselors of the Wisconsin Educational Opportunity Programs (WEOP). To continue to receive the TIP Grant, students must be enrolled consecutive terms and continue to show financial need. Eligibility cannot exceed ten semesters. Funding for the TIP Grant is provided by both the State of Wisconsin and the Federal Government.

Eligibility: Student must complete and submit FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) and be nominated by the Financial Aid & Educational Funding Office or WEOP.

  1. Resident of Wisconsin as determined by State of Wisconsin Higher Education Aids Board (HEAB)
  2. Undergraduate (must receive TIP as freshman to be eligible as a continuing student)
  3. Must demonstrate exceptional financial need/be Pell Grant eligible
  4. Meet low income/disadvantage criteria as established by State of Wisconsin
  5. Enrolled at least half time

Amount: $600 - $1,800 as an incoming freshman.

Renewal: Complete the FAFSA application. Awards are renewed annually if a student received TIP during freshman year and funds are available at the time that the application is complete. Continuing awards may be less than freshman awards. TIP can be received for a maximum of 10 terms and is only available for six years after the initial grant is awarded.


(Need based)

The Indian Student Assistance Grant may be offered to Wisconsin residents of Native American descent who have completed the Indian Student Assistance Grant application. The grant is available to undergraduate and graduate students. The award is based on financial need with a limit of ten semesters of eligibility.


  • Enrolled member of a federally recognized tribe and/or certified as having one-fourth Native-American ancestry
  • Resident of Wisconsin as determined by State of Wisconsin Higher Educational Aids Board (HEAB)
  • Undergraduate or Graduate
  • Enrolled at least half-time
  • Must demonstrate financial need

Amount: $250 - $1,100

Renewal: Contact HEAB for instructions or applications.


(Need based)

A candidate for the Minority Undergraduate Retention Grant may be nominated by the Office of Financial Aid if he/she qualifies as a minority student. Awards under this program are made to Wisconsin resident minority undergraduates, excluding first year students, enrolled at least half time. Awards are based on financial aid up to eight or twelve quarters.

Eligibility: at least half-time and excluding first year

  • Resident of Wisconsin as determined by Wisconsin Higher Educational Aid Board
  • Undergraduate (excluding freshman)
  • A minority student as defined by state statute (African-American, Hispanic, Native American Indian, or Southeast Asian from Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, or identified as Hmong)
  • Must demonstrate financial need
  • Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress

Amount: $250 - $2,500

Renewal: Complete the FAFSA application. Award is renewed when application is complete and eligibility requirements are met while funding is still available.


(Need based)

The Hearing/Visually Impaired Student Grant program was established to provide funding for undergraduate Wisconsin residents who have severe or profound hearing or visual impairment and who show financial need. Awards can be received for a maximum of ten terms.


  • Resident of Wisconsin as determined by State of Wisconsin Higher Educational Aids Board (HEAB)
  • Undergraduate
  • Must demonstrate financial need
  • Have sight or hearing impairment as certified by a physician and approved by the Higher Educational Aids Board

Amount: $250 - $1,800

Renewal: File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid and submit a Visually Handicapped/Hearing-impaired Certificate form to HEAB. Forms available at HEAB. Award is renewed when application is complete and eligibility requirements are met while funding is still available. Visually handicapped/hearing-impaired application must be completed each year.


Lakeland University Grant

(Need based and Non-need based)

The University offers grants based on a combination of the student's financial need, as defined by the federal government; the student's academic ability; and the University's awarding policy.

A scholarship is a financial award to help cover the cost of education. Eligibility is based on criteria established by donors or fund managers. Scholarships usually do not have to be repaid. Some scholarships may require the student to maintain academic success, perform community service, or work for a particular employer after graduation.


(Need based and Non-need based)

Our academic and talent scholarships range in scope, from full-tuition to $500. Academic scholarships are determined with your admissions application using the GPA and optional ACT/SAT Score. They are awarded on a rolling basis. Talent Scholarship are based on an application and review process. There is a deadline for application that needs to be met. Many of the Lakeland University scholarships are renewable each year. More information can be found at the link noted below.

(Need based and Non-need based)

Outside scholarships are any scholarships that are granted to a student attending Lakeland University that are not awarded by Lakeland University. All outside scholarships must be reported to the Financial Aid & Educational Funding Office so they can be included in your financial aid package.

An education loan must be repaid with interest.


(Need based and Non-need based)

Subsidized and Unsubsidized loans are federal student loans for eligible students to help cover the cost of higher education. Subsidized loans are available to undergraduate students with financial need. Unsubsidized loans are not need based, and are available to graduate and undergraduate students.


  • Enrolled at least half-time
  • U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
  • Be a degree-seeking candidate
  • Demonstrate financial need (subsidized loans only)
  • Undergraduate program (subsidized loans only)
  • Must not be in default on any other student loan
  • Must maintain satisfactory academic progress
Dependency StatusYear in SchoolCombined Annual Loan Amounts


Dependent StudentsIndependent Students
Subsidized and Unsubsidized Aggregate Loan Limit$31,000 maximum – No more than $23,000 of this amount may be in subsidized loans$57,500 for undergraduate – Nor more than $23,000 of this amount may be in subsidized loans.
$138,500 for graduate or professional students – No more than $65,500 of this amount may be in subsidized loans. The graduate aggregate limit includes all federal loans received for undergraduate study.

Renewal: Complete the FAFSA. Eligible students will be notified through their Lakeland University email to accept the Federal Direct Loans through Federal regulations require first time borrowers to complete a Master Promissory Note (MPN) as well as entrance counseling. Both requirements can be completed online by going to Direct Loans are renewable each year once the FAFSA is completed.


(Non-need based)

PLUS loans are federal loans that parents of dependent undergraduate students can use to help pay for their dependent child's education. PLUS loans can help pay for education expenses not covered by other financial aid. To qualify for a PLUS loan, the borrower must not have an adverse credit history. The maximum loan amount is the student's cost of attendance (determined by the school) minus any other financial aid received.


  • Parents of dependent students are eligible to apply
  • Student must be enrolled at least half-time
  • Not in default on another student loan
  • U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
  • Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress

Amount: Parents of dependent students may borrow a maximum of the cost of education minus other financial aid.

Renewal: Complete the FAFSA. Parents must apply for the Parent PLUS loan each academic year.


(Non-need based)

PLUS loans are federal loans that graduate students can use to help pay for their education. PLUS loans can help pay for education expenses not covered by other financial aid. To qualify for a PLUS loan, the borrower must not have an adverse credit history. The maximum loan amount is the student's cost of attendance (determined by the school) minus any other financial aid received.


  • Enrolled at least half-time
  • Not in default on another student loan
  • U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
  • Maintaining Satisfactory Academic Progress
  • Good credit standing
  • Parents cannot borrow on graduate/professional student's behalf

Amount: Student may borrow up to the total cost of education minus financial aid with no aggregate maximum.

Renewal: Complete the FAFSA, apply for the Grad PLUS loan. Grad students must reapply for the Grad PLUS loan each academic year.


(Non-need based)

Alternative or private loans are used to supplement federal student loans or when a student is ineligible for federal student loans. These loans require credit-worthiness and cannot be consolidated with federal student loans.

For more information regarding alternative loans please view our Alternative Loan Informational Sheet:

Alternative Loan Information

Student Financial Aid Assistance

The procedure and forms on how to apply for assistance is located on the Lakeland University website. Click on the following links below:

The Net Price Calculator provides an early approximation of what a new first-year, undergraduate student can expect to pay to attend Lakeland University. It is not intended for use by graduate, readmitted, continuing, international or part-time students, who should instead contact the Financial Aid & Educational Funding Office for more information. This calculator is not an official application for financial aid and is not a substitute for applying for financial aid. The student must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to determine eligibility for federal student aid funds.

Net Price Calculator (Traditional)

The amount of financial aid for which you are eligible is determined by the formula listed below -

Student's Cost of Attendance (budget)
- Student Aid Index (SAI)
= Financial Need

The student's cost of attendance is an estimate of possible annual expenses while attending Lakeland University. The budget includes tuition, housing & meals, books & supplies, miscellaneous, transportation, and loan origination fees for Federal Direct Loan borrowers.

The Replace with: Student Aid Index (SAI) is an eligibility index number that a college uses to determine how much federal student aid the student would receive if the student attended the school. This number results from the information that the student provides in their FAFSA form. The SAI figure is calculated based on responses to questions on the Free Application of Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The SAI figure is used to determine your federal, state and institutional student aid eligibility.

The SAI is subtracted from the budget to determine the student's financial need. The amount of need-based financial aid cannot exceed the financial need. Examples of need based aid includes: scholarships, federal, state, and institutional grants, federal work-study and federal subsidized loans. The Financial Aid & Educational Funding Office first awards any federal, state, and institutional grants and scholarships for which you are eligible. If a matriculated student has secured a job on campus, federal work study or regular employment is awarded. For prospective students, employment is awarded if there are funds available at the time the award is being completed. Lastly, federal direct loans are awarded to your aid package. The Financial Aid & Educational Funding Office attempts to award grant, loan and work-study funds equitably among all eligible applicants who apply by the priority date. Award amounts are determined by a combination of financial need, federal award limits, and available funding, among other factors. Additionally, students and/or parents of dependent students may apply for federal parent PLUS loans or private alternative loans to meet the difference between the cost of attendance and awarded financial aid.

All financial aid funds, except Federal Work Study funds, are applied directly to your Lakeland University student account established through the Business Office. Financial aid funds will automatically apply towards tuition, housing, meal plans, books and other charges.

If you receive a scholarship check from a source outside of Lakeland University, you should mail the check to the Business Office at W3718 South Drive, Plymouth, WI, 53073-4878. Be sure to include your Lakeland University student ID number on any correspondence.


The financial aid award is required to be equally divided between all semesters in the academic year in which the student is enrolled or plans to enroll. Financial aid is paid to the student's account when the following conditions are met:

  1. The student is determined to be eligible and has received their financial aid offer..
  2. The student has accepted their financial aid offer.
  3. The student has submitted/completed all required documents -such as loan entrance counseling, master promissory note, etc.
  4. The student is enrolled in the correct number of credits, for the semester.
  5. The student is determined to be maintaining Satisfactory Academic Progress.
  6. The disbursement date for the semester has been reached.

Federal work study

As you earn Federal Work Study funds, you will be paid through Lakeland University's payroll system. Federal work study funds are distributed via direct deposit to the student's chosen bank account.

Excess funds

If your financial aid exceeds your student account charges, the balance is paid to you in a form of a refund check.

The Criteria For Selecting Recipients From The Group Of Eligible Applicants

Prospective Students: The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is used to gather information in order to calculate an Student Aid Index (SAI). The SAI is a calculated figure based on your financial resources as well as your family's financial resources provided on the FAFSA. This calculation is used to determine how much federal financial aid you may receive in an academic year.

In addition, a student's financial need is calculated by taking the cost of attendance (COA) minus the Student Aid Index (SAI).

COA – SAI = financial need

There are many different types of funding that can be used towards a student's financial need including institutional, state, and federal funding.

To receive financial aid from federal and state programs you must:

  1. Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen.
  2. Demonstrate financial need if applying for need-based aid.
  3. Be enrolled at least half-time for federal loans (less than half-time for the PELL Grant)
  4. Be a degree seeking student.
  5. Be making satisfactory academic progress
  6. Not be in default on any loan or owe a refund on any grant made under Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965.

Continuing Students: For continued eligibility for aid, students must reapply for aid using the FAFSA annually. To begin your application for aid, visit You may apply as early as October 1, for the upcoming academic year. Priority deadline for the college funds is February 1 of each year.

Federal Direct Loans enter repayment (principal and interest) six months after you graduate or cease attending at least half-time status. Standard repayment and alternative repayment plans are available. For details on the various federal loan repayment plans, contact your federal loan servicer or go to the U.S. Department of Education's Federal Student Aid website.

The terms and conditions of Direct Loans are included on the Borrower's Rights and Responsibilities Statement, which the borrower receives upon completion of the Department of Education's Master Promissory Note. The borrower may request a copy of their Borrower's Rights and Responsibilities Statement by contacting the Federal Student Aid Information Center (FSAIC) at 1-800-433-3243.

Information on your federal loan debt, such as loan ID number(s) and loan servicer(s) contact information, is available on the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) website at If you do not have internet access, you can identify your loan servicer(s) by calling 1-800-433-3243.

Your loan servicer(s) will provide you with information about repayment and your repayment start date. The final determination of your monthly payment, interest, and length of repayment is made by your loan servicer(s). For more information regarding loan repayment options, go to the U.S. Department of Education's Federal Student Aid website.

Repayment Plans

For information regarding repayment plans, visit:

Standard Repayment:

  • Payments are a fixed amount of at least $50 per month
  • Up to 10 years

Graduated Repayment:

  • Payments are lower at first then increase, usually every two years
  • Up to 10 years

Extended Repayment:

  • Payments may be fixed or graduated
  • Up to 25 years

Income-Driven Repayment (IDR):

  • IDR plans base your monthly payment amount on how much money you make and your family size. We offer four IDR plans:
    • Saving on a Valuable Education (SAVE) Plan—formerly the REPAYE Plan
    • Pay As You Earn (PAYE) Repayment Plan
    • Income-Based Repayment (IBR) Plan
    • Income-Contingent Repayment (ICR) Plan
  • After satisfying a certain number of months of qualifying payments on an IDR plan, you can get the remaining balance of your loan(s) forgiven.
  • Because payments are based on your income and family size, you must provide your loan servicer with updated income and family size information each year so that your servicer can recalculate your payment amount. This process is called recertification. You must recertify your plan even if there has been no change in your income or family size.
  • If you agree to the secure disclosure of your tax information, we and your loan servicer will automatically recertify your enrollment in IDR and adjust your monthly payment amount once a year. You’ll be notified when your payment is changing, and you’ll always be able to recertify your plan manually.

SAVE Plan:

  • Generally 10 percent of your discretionary income.
  • Up to 20 years if all loans you are repaying were received for undergraduate study.
  • Up to 25 years if any loans you are repaying were received for graduate or professional study.

PAYE Plan:

  • Generally 10 percent of your discretionary income, but never more than the 10-year Standard Repayment Plan amount.
  • Up to 20 years.

    IBR Plan:

    • Generally 10 percent of your discretionary income if you're a new borrower on or after July 1, 2014*, but never more than the 10-year Standard Repayment Plan amount
    • Generally 15 percent of your discretionary income if you're not a new borrower on or after July 1, 2014, but never more than the 10-year Standard Repayment Plan amount
    • 20 years if you're a new borrower on or after July 1, 2014
    • 25 years if you're not a new borrower on or after July 1, 2014.

    ICR Plan:

    • The lesser of the following:
      • 20 percent of your discretionary income or
      • what you would pay on a repayment plan with a fixed payment over the course of 12 years, adjusted according to your income
    • Up to 25 years

    Sample Loan Payments

    Sally Tester has $29,214 in Direct Loan debt, which bears interest at 3.9%. Her income is $35,000 and she is single.

    Repayment planRepayment periodInitial monthly paymentFinal monthly paymentTotal interest paidTotal amount paid
    Standard*120 months (10 years)$317$317$8,832$38,046
    Graduated*120 months (10 years)$180$541$11,152.41$40,366
    SAVE**144 months (12 years)$185$430$12,601$41,815
    PAYE**132 months (11 years)$276$317$9,362$38,576
    IBR**132 months (11 years)$276$317$9,362$38,576
    ICR**156 months (13 years)$256$278$11,471$40,685

    * For Direct Consolidation Loans, the repayment period under this plan varies from 10 to 30 years based on your Direct Consolidation Loan amount and other education loan debt. These estimates are based on a 10-year repayment period. You may have a longer repayment period and a lower monthly payment. Ask your servicer for more information.

    ** Calculations under this plan include an annual 5% income increase and were determined from the loan simulator on Utilize the loan simulator and contact your loan servicer to determine repayment eligibility.

    Students are eligible to pull over their loan information from to see how the different repayment plans work for them. For more information on loan repayments please visit: Loan Simulator

    Federal regulations requires schools to provide counseling to borrowers of loans under the Federal Direct Loan program shortly before leaving school or dropping below half-time. The purpose for this is to help students understand their rights and obligations as a student borrower. It also helps counsel them through the repayment options. To complete exit counseling please visit:

    • Lakeland University's 2019 Cohort Default rate is 1.9%.
    • Wisconsin's 92 colleges 2018 Cohort Default Rate is 6.0%
    • Nationally colleges 2018 Cohort Default Rate is 7.0%

    A statement that a student's enrollment in a program of study abroad approved for credit by the home school may be considered enrollment at the home school for the purpose of applying for assistance under the title IV, HEA program.

    Study abroad credit requirements must be pre-approved with the registrar's office in order to be considered for enrollment. These credits must also fulfill degree requirements. In addition, a student must be enrolled in at least 6 credits and be making satisfactory academic progress in order to use financial aid funds while studying abroad.

    Please visit the study abroad page below for more information about study abroad opportunities, eligibility, scholarships, etc.

    Learn more

    Any refund policy with which the school is required to comply for the return of unearned tuition and fees or other refundable portions of costs paid to the school.

    Traditional Day Students:

    Students who withdraw from Lakeland University may receive a refund of their tuition, fees, and board costs. Please refer to the Lakeland University's academic policy Traditional Day at

    William R. Kellett School Students:

    Students who withdraw from Lakeland University may receive a refund of their tuition, fees, and board costs. Please refer to the Lakeland University's academic policy William R. Kellett School of Undergraduate and Graduate Studies at

    Textbooks are available through the Lakeland University's campus bookstore. Go to

    Information regarding the courses available, click on the term schedule found at Course Schedules

    Current students can view course information and textbook requirements, log into at Once logged in click on the student tab at the top of the page, and then click on Registration. On the Registration Page, you can search for a specific course and textbook requirements, dates and times, location, and status.

    The Cost of Attendance (COA) is the estimated amount you can expect to pay for the academic year. The COA includes the direct costs to the institution (tuition, fees, housing, meals, and books) while the indirect costs include transportation and other miscellaneous expenses. Indirect costs will vary among students.

    COA for the Traditional Program

    COA for the William R. Kellett School

    Lakeland University does not participate in a Preferred Lender Program.

    The National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) is the U.S. Department of Education's central database for student aid. The Department of Education's National Student Loan Data System (NSDLS) receives data from schools, agencies that guaranty loans, the Direct Loan program, and other U.S. Department of Education programs. NSLDS provides a centralized, integrated view of Title IV loans and grants that are tracked through their entire cycle; from aid approval through closure.

    Lakeland University is required to inform the student or parent that the loan will be submitted to the National Student Loan Data System and will be accessible by guaranty agencies, lenders, and schools determined to be authorized users of the data system.

    Please visit National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) at

    The Federal Student Aid Ombudsman Group of the U.S. Department of Education is dedicated to helping resolve complaints related to the federal student aid programs, including Direct Loans, Federal Family Education Loan (FFEL) Program loans, Perkins Loans, and grant programs.

    If you have a dispute, you can contact the Student Aid Ombudsman Group by going to

    All new borrowers must complete Federal Direct Loan Entrance Counseling for Direct Subsidized, Direct Unsubsidized Loans, and for Direct PLUS loan borrowers. Entrance counseling educates the borrower about their loan terms and conditions, the rights and responsibilities, the loan process, and tips on managing educational expenses.

    For more information and to complete the Federal Direct Loan Entrance Counseling, visit

    Federal Regulations require students who have borrowed through a federal loan program to participate in exit counseling after they are no longer enrolled at least half-time. The purpose for exit counseling is to help students understand their rights and obligations as a student borrower, and to help counsel the student through the repayment options. For more information and to complete the Federal Direct Loan Exit Counseling, visit

    General Institution Information

    For information about facilities and services available to students with disabilities, please visit our Disability Services page. Additional information can be found in the Student Handbook.

    Student Handbook

    Students, and Pell Grant eligible students, may utilize excess Title IV financial aid to purchase books at the Follett Bookstore. To be eligible for a book voucher, the student must have authorized financial aid that exceeds their student account charges. A student can utilize their book voucher by following these instructions.

    The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974, also known as the Buckley Amendment, is designed to protect the privacy of all student academic records.

    More info about FERPA policy

    Student Rights under FERPA

    The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974, also known as the Buckley Amendment, is designed to protect the privacy of all student academic records. Records specifically affected by this law are maintained in the Career Development Office, the Office of the Registrar, Student Life, Financial Aid and Student Accounts.

    In general, a student has the right to:

    • inspect his or her education records;
    • require that the College obtain his or her prior written consent before releasing personally identifiable information from education records;
    • request that corrections be made to education records if the student believes the records are inaccurate or misleading or otherwise in violation of the student's privacy rights under FERPA

    Directory Information

    Student record information is confidential and private. In accordance with both federal law (FERPA), Lakeland University does not release student record information without prior written consent of the student. The one exception to this is that the College may release "directory information" without prior student consent. Directory information is defined as that information which would not generally be considered harmful or an invasion of privacy if disclosed. Designated directory information at Lakeland University includes the following:

    • Name
    • Address (local, permanent residence and Lakeland University electronic mail)
    • Telephone number
    • Class level (semester class or level: freshman, sophomore, junior, senior, etc.)
    • Major field(s) of study, including minors and concentrations
    • Participation in officially recognized student activities, including athletics and Commencement
    • Weight/height (athletic teams)
    • Dates of attendance
    • Enrollment status (full-time, part-time, or not enrolled)
    • Date of graduation
    • Degrees, awards and honors received and where received
    • Most recent educational institution attended

    File Review

    The student's academic file, kept in the Office of the Registrar, contains a permanent record which lists courses, credits, and grades achieved at Lakeland; courses and credits accepted in transfer from other colleges which contributed to the Lakeland degree; date and type of degree awarded; major field(s) of study; minor field(s) of study; and honors awarded at graduation. A student's academic file may also contain information related to course withdrawals, including medical withdrawals.

    The Rights and Privacy Act requires that both the academic file and credential file must be available for personal review by the student within 45 days after a formal written request has been communicated to the college. The central purpose of this act is to guarantee the right to examine the contents of personal files and challenge the factual accuracy of the contents or the inclusion of supplementary documents. At Lakeland, any student may examine his or her file by asking at least one day in advance for an appointment to do so. Requests for credential file review should be directed to the Career Development Office, and requests for academic file review should be directed to the Office of the Registrar.

    At the time of request, the student must present a valid photo ID as verification of identity. A designated staff person will supervise all file reviews. A student may take notes concerning his/her file contents, but may not remove any portion of the file contents.

    Information a Student Does Not Have the Right to Inspect

    A student does not have a right under FERPA to inspect information that is not an education record, such as:

    • Medical Treatment records;
    • Law enforcement records;
    • Employment records (provided that employment is unrelated to student status);
    • Records containing information about the individual that were created or received after he or she is no longer a student and that are not directly related to the student's attendance at the College;
    • Records of instructional, supervisory, and administrative personnel and educational personnel that are kept in the sole possession of the maker of the record and are not accessible or revealed to any other person except a temporary substitute for the maker of the record; and
    • Peer-graded papers before they are collected and recorded by an instructor.

    In addition, a student does not have the right to access certain education records, such as:

    • Confidential letters of recommendation, if the student has waived his or her right of access in writing;
    • Financial records of the student's parents;
    • Admissions records for a student who does not officially attend the program of admission. If the student completed a course at the College but never officially attended as a degree candidate in the program of admission, then the student has FERPA rights with respect to that course but does not have rights with respect to the admissions records for that program;
    • Records of a student that contain information on other students. The student may inspect, review, or be informed of only the specific information about that student.

    Consent Not Required

    In general, Lakeland University may not disclose personal information from a student's education records without the student's prior consent. However, the College, in compliance with the law, may disclose personal information without the student's prior consent under these conditions:

    • School officials with legitimate educational interests;
    • The U.S. Comptroller General, U.S. Attorney General, U.S. Department of Education;
    • State and local officials;
    • Authorized organizations conducting educational research;
    • Accrediting agencies;
    • Alleged victim of a crime;
    • Parent of a dependent student as defined by the IRS;
    • Parent of a student under 21 regarding the violation of a law regarding alcohol or drug abuse.

    To College officials, staff, and others engaged in activities on behalf of the College with a legitimate educational interest. Disclosure of information to school officials, staff, and others whom Lakeland University has determined to have a legitimate educational interest. An individual has a legitimate educational interest if the individual needs to review an education record in order to fulfill his or her professional responsibilities. Such individuals include school officers, faculty, administrative staff, law enforcement and medical and legal personnel, and may include contractors, consultants and professionals engaged by the College where disclosure of the information is necessary for such individuals to fulfill their duties and responsibilities to the College. In addition, these individuals may include Lakeland University students, persons from outside the College, and volunteers, who are requested to serve on an authorized committee or board of the College (such as a disciplinary committee or the Board of Trustees), or to otherwise perform authorized tasks for the College.

    To authorized representatives of certain government offices. The College will release information to authorized representatives of the U.S. Comptroller General's Office, the U.S. Attorney General, the U.S. Department of Education, and state and local educational authorities in connection with an audit or an evaluation of federal or state supported programs and to assure the enforcement of or compliance with federal or state legal requirements related to these programs.

    To authorized representatives of the state and local government. The College may disclose information to these authorized representatives if disclosure is allowed pursuant to a state statute concerning the juvenile justice system.

    To organizations conducting studies for or on behalf of the College. The College may disclose information to organizations seeking to improve education for or on behalf of the College (e.g. developing predictive tests or administering student aid programs).

    To accrediting organizations. The College may release information to organizations that accredit colleges and universities for the purpose of assisting their accrediting functions.

    To the parents of dependent students. The College may disclose information from a student's records to the student's parents without the student's prior consent, if the student meets the criteria of dependency as defined by Section 152 of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986. In cases of divorce or separation, when relying on dependency as the basis for communication, the College reserves the right to communicate with both parents unless provided with evidence that one parent's rights have been legally revoked or otherwise limited.

    The information is a record of a campus disciplinary proceeding. Federal law requires the College to disclose to both the accuser and the accused student the outcome of all student disciplinary proceedings that involve a charge of sexual assault. In addition, the College may disclose the final results of student disciplinary proceedings regarding a crime of violence or a non-forcible sex offense in which a student has been found to have committed a violation of the College's policies. Final results include name of the offender, violation, and any sanction imposed. The College can also inform parents about violations of the College's drug and alcohol policy by a student under the age of 21.

    To officials of other institutions or organizations. To which the student seeks or intends to transfer or in which the student is already enrolled, provided the disclosure is for purposes related to the student's enrollment or transfer. The College has a policy of forwarding records to requesting institutions in these circumstances;

    • In connection with the student's placement or participation in internships, affiliations or other programs related to the student's courses or programs at the College;
    • To which a student has applied for or from which he/she has received financial aid to support the student's education, in cases where the information is related to (1) determining the eligibility for, amount of, or conditions of the aid, or (2) enforcing the terms and conditions of the aid.
    • n cases where the College has previously transmitted such information to another institution or organization in which the student has enrolled, has been placed, or has sought financial aid, the College may send corrected records if there are changes to the information previously sent.

    Lawfully Issued Court Orders, Subpoenas, Ex parte Orders. The College will make a reasonable effort to notify the student of the subpoena before complying. However, in the case of a subpoena issued for law enforcement purposes, the College is not required to notify the student of the existence or the contents of the subpoena, or of the information furnished in response to the subpoena, if the Court or other issuing agency has ordered that such information not be disclosed.

    For ex parte orders, the College will disclose, without the consent or knowledge of the student or parent, personally identifiable information from the student's education records to the Attorney General of the United States or to his designee in response to an ex parte order in connection with the investigation or prosecution of terrorism crimes. The College will release information as required by the USA Patriot Act.

    In health or safety emergency situations. In the case of an emergency, the College will disclose information from education records to the appropriate parties, including parents, if the College deems that knowledge of the information is necessary to protect the health, safety, or well-being of the student or other individuals. Such disclosure may include any disciplinary action previously taken against the student for conduct that posed a significant risk to the safety and well-being of that student, other students, or members of the College community.

    In compliance with the Solomon Amendment. Lakeland University will release student information for the purposes of military recruiting to the Department of Defense. The information released is limited to student name, address, telephone listing, date and place of birth, levels of education and degrees received, prior military experience, and the most recent educational institution attended, unless restricted.

    In response to complaints and legal actions involving the student and Lakeland University. If a student or parent initiates legal action or brings complaints against the College, the College may disclose education records relevant to the response to the complaint without a court order or subpoena. In addition, in the event that the College initiates legal action against a parent or student, the College may disclose education records relevant to the action without a court order or subpoena.

    In connection with notifications received under a state community notification program. The College will disclose information in connection with notifications received under a state community notification program about a student who is required to register as a sex offender.

    To parties who provided or created a record. The College may send education records back to the creator or sender of such records for confirmation of the authenticity of the record (e.g. of a transcript or letter).

    Correction of Education Records

    Students have the right to request the correction of education records they believe are inaccurate or in violation of their rights. To correct an education record, a student must take the following steps:

    1. Contact the office responsible for the oversight of the record, i.e. the Office of the Registrar or Career Services.
    2. The student must identify what part of the record is inaccurate, why it is inaccurate and how they would like it amended.
    3. After a thorough review of the record, the appropriate party will determine if a correction is warranted. If so, the student will be notified of the correction. If not, the student has the ability to appeal the decision.
    4. To appeal, the student must indicate an intent to appeal. The appeal will be heard by a party, who may be an Official of the College, who is not part of the office responsible for the student record.
    5. The College official will render a decision on the student's request for record correction based on evidence provided by the student during the appeal process.
    6. Should the student disagree with the outcome of the hearing, he/she may include a statement contesting the result in his/her official file.
    7. Note: Grades may be appealed in this process only on the accuracy of their transcription.
    8. Lakeland University reserves the right to review and modify its procedures under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act at any time.

    Authorizing Release of Education Records

    Students may authorize the release of education records by completing this form and returning it to the Office of the Registrar.

    Release of Records to a Third Party

    A current or former student who wishes to permit another person to inspect or receive copies of the student's education records must provide a signed and dated written consent which must:

    • Specify the records that may be disclosed;
    • State the purpose of the disclosure;
    • Identify the person or class of parties to whom the disclosure can be made.

    When a disclosure is made and a parent or student so requests, the College will provide copies of the records disclosed. If the parent of a student who is not an eligible student so requests, the College will provide copies of the records disclosed to the student.

    The College will maintain a record of all requests for and disclosures of information from a student's record.

    An electronic signature may substitute for a written one. In order to qualify as an electronic signature, appropriate authentication must occur. Lakeland University's student account access satisfies the requirements for an electronic signature. Since students must log in to Lakeland University's e-mail system using their Lakeland University personal login information, an e-mail note from a student's e-mail address satisfies FERPA's written consent requirement. However, because security measures for other e-mail systems are not as strict, personal e-mail requests from Gmail, Yahoo, AOL and others will not meet the criteria for written consent.

    Transcripts. A college transcript is a record of the student's academic progress including courses, credits, grades, major(s), minor(s), and honors earned at Lakeland University and credits accepted in transfer from other schools.

    In accord with the Rights and Privacy Act, transcripts are considered confidential and will not be released to a third party, other than authorized college personnel, without the written permission of the student. Requests for transcripts should be presented, in writing, to the Office of the Registrar, giving notice of at least one week. Electronic transcript requests may be made through the National Student Clearinghouse. All transcript requests must include the student's signature, social security number, and name when attending Lakeland University. In addition, the purpose of the request and to whom the record may be released is required, both on the written form and electronically. The cost of each transcript is $8.00. A request for a rush transcript, to be fulfilled in two business days or less, carries a $10.00 charge. Please note that all financial obligations to the college, including the full payment of all fines, must be arranged to the satisfaction of the Manager of Student Accounts before transcripts will be released or sent.

    HIPPA and FERPA: Office of Disability Services

    HIPPA applies to health care providers, private benefit plans, and health care clearinghouses. It does not apply to other types of organizations whose receipt or maintenance of health records is incidental to their normal course of business. FERPA does not limit what records a college may obtain, create or maintain; rather, it provides safeguards for educational records.

    The Office of Disability Services (ODS) is committed to ensuring that all information and communication pertaining to a student's disability is maintained as confidential as required or permitted by law. The following guidelines about the treatment of such information have been adopted by ODS and will be shared with students. These guidelines incorporate relevant state and federal regulations.

    • 1. No one will have immediate access to student files in ODS except appropriate staff of ODS. Any information regarding a student's disability is protected by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and will only be disclosed as permitted or required by FERPA.
    • 2. Sensitive information in ODS student files will not be released except in accordance with federal and state laws.
    • 3. A student's file may be released pursuant to a court order or subpoena.
    • 4. If a student wishes to have information about his/her disability shared with others, the student must provide written authorization to the Office of Disability Services to release the information. Before giving such authorization, the student should understand the purpose of the release and to whom the information is being released.
    • 5. A student has the right to review his/her own ODS file with reasonable notification.

    Please click here to view contact information for disability services.

    Compliance Complaint Process

    Lakeland University makes available to the public, upon request, all consumer information required by the United States Office of Education. Consumer information includes, but is not necessarily limited to, the following: academic programs, academic progress requirements, career planning services, educational costs, financial aid, job placement outcomes, and student retention. This information is available from the Office of the Registrar. Lakeland University ensures student access to official college records and placement files and maintains the confidentiality of personally identifiable information in accord with federal law.

    The student has the right to file a complaint with the U.S. Department of Education concerning alleged compliance issues on the part of Lakeland University. The contact information is as follows:

    Family Policy Compliance Office
    U.S. Department of Education
    400 Maryland Ave. SW
    Washington, D.D. 20202

    FERPA Policy Updates

    The College's FERPA policy will be published annually in the traditional undergraduate academic catalog and the William R. Kellett School of Undergraduate and Graduate Studies academic catalog. Policy updates will also be published as needed here.

    Updated February 18, 2014

    Beginning July 1, 2011, the U.S. Department of Education regulations to improve the integrity of programs authorized under Title IV of the Higher Education Act (HEA), as amended (the "Program Integrity Rule"), take effect. The Program Integrity Rule requires, among other things, that each college or university authorized to offer postsecondary education in one or more States ensure access to a complaint process that will permit student consumers to address the following:

    1. Alleged violations of State consumer protection laws that include but are not limited to fraud and false advertising;
    2. Alleged violations of State laws or rules relating to the licensure of postsecondary institutions; and
    3. Complaints relating to the quality of education or other State or accreditation requirements.

    Lakeland University, as an institution authorized to provide postsecondary education in the State of Wisconsin, is committed to full compliance with the Program Integrity Rule, and provides the following confirmation to all current and/or prospective students:

    The Higher Learning Commission accredits Lakeland University. You may review the University's accreditation documents here.

    Complaint Process

    Lakeland University seeks to resolve all student concerns in a timely and effective manner. To that end, this complaint process serves as an ongoing means for students to discuss concerns or register formal complaints that pertain to alleged violations of State consumer protection laws that include but are not limited to fraud and false advertising; alleged violations of State laws or rules relating to the licensure of postsecondary institutions; and complaints relating to the quality of education or other State or accreditation requirements.

    The Offices of Academic Affairs, Campus Life, Admissions, Registrar and Financial Aid all provide specific administrative means to address and resolve most, if not all of the questions and concerns you may have. The contact information for each of these Offices is provided below:

    It is expected that students will fully utilize any/all of Lakeland University's administrative procedures to address concerns and/or complaints in as timely a manner as possible. On occasion, however, a student may believe that these administrative procedures have not adequately addressed concerns identified under the Program Integrity Rule. In those select cases, the following independent procedures are provided:

    1. The Division of Trade and Consumer Protection of the Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection (the "Division") is prepared to receive and review student consumer complaints regarding alleged fraudulent or abusive practices by a college or university in the delivery of postsecondary academic programs and activities, including, for example, fraud or false advertising. Complaints may be filed with the Division in written or electronic form by accessing the following link: Consumer Complaints.

    2. The Office of the Attorney General for the State of Wisconsin is authorized to investigate and prosecute violations of State consumer laws, including laws relating to deceptive advertising, credit, charitable solicitations, telecommunications, telemarketing and sales. The Office cooperates with other States, the Federal Trade Commission and other federal agencies in addressing national consumer protection issues. Further, the Wisconsin Department of Justice Office of Consumer protection litigates cases that are referred to the Department by other States agencies. Complaints may be filed with the Wisconsin Department of Justice Office of Consumer Protection at the following link: Consumer Protection.

    3. The Higher Learning Commission ("HLC") is an independent body responsible for the accreditation of programs offered by Lakeland University. HLC relies on constant contact with the University to ensure quality higher learning. Accredited institutions are required to submit progress reports, monitoring reports, contingency reports, and annual reports, as well as to participate in focus visits. Each year, HLC receives a number of complaints from students or other parties. When a complaint raises issues regarding an institution's ability to meet accreditation criteria, HLC will forward a copy of the complaint to the institution and request a formal response. Complaints may be filed with Higher Learning Commission at the following link: Complaints.

    4. A variety of other State agencies or State Boards, which are involved in the evaluation and approval of institutional programs, or in the granting of professional certification or licensure, may also be contacted. These agencies include, but may not be limited to, the following:

    If you are currently enrolled, or anticipate enrollment, in an educational program that requires State agency or board authorization and/or licensure and do not see it listed here, please contact the Office of Academic Affairs at: 920-565-1021.

    Transfer Credit

    Lakeland University strives to make the transfer credit process as streamlined as possible for students. Members of the Lakeland University staff will consider a student's academic history individually when determining transfer credit. Each transcript from previously attended institutions is reviewed. Lakeland University will consider transfer credit from courses in which the student has earned a grade or C or better and where the course was taken through a regionally accredited college or university.

    The Lakeland University credit unit is the semester hour, which is equivalent to 1.5 quarter hours. Quarter hours accepted in transfer will be converted to semester hours. Transferred coursework is not factored into a student's Lakeland University GPA.

    Undergraduate students:

    Prior to acceptance to Lakeland University, an unofficial evaluation of any prior collegiate coursework will be conducted to give a potential transfer student a reasonable understanding of the coursework and requirements that may remain upon transferring to Lakeland. After acceptance to Lakeland University, a transfer student will receive an official evaluation of his/her transferable credits along with a listing of the courses required to complete a Lakeland University degree. All transfer students must complete a minimum of 30 semester hours of coursework at Lakeland University in order to earn a Lakeland degree.

    • Credit from a domestic 2-year institution:
      Lakeland University will accept up to 72 semester hours in transfer from a regionally accredited 2-year college. Students holding an associate's degree from a regionally accredited school will receive a minimum of 60 semester hours in transfer.
    • Credit from an international 2-year institution:Lakeland University will accept up to 60 semester hours in transfer from an international 2-year college.
    • Credit from a domestic or international 4-year institution: Lakeland University will accept up to 90 semester hours of transfer credit from a regionally accredited 4-year college or a combination of credits from regionally accredited 2-year and 4-year institutions.
    • Advanced Placement by Examination:Lakeland will accept College Board Advanced Placement Examination (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB), College Level Examination Program (CLEP) and Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support (DANTES) tests as a service to students who wish to earn credit for college-level achievement. On most tests, enrolling students who achieve a score of 3 or higher on an AP, a score of 4 or higher on all Higher Level IB exams, and 55 or higher on a CLEP or DANTES exam may be awarded college credit and will be exempted from the equivalent Lakeland course requirement. Students may not receive AP, IB, CLEP, or DANTES credit for any subject area in which they have already taken college coursework. Students who have completed 60 or more semester hours of college coursework are not eligible for AP, IB, CLEP, or DANTES credit. Lakeland allows a maximum of 30 semester hours of credit through equivalency exams. To review a list of acceptable CLEP exams, please reference the academic catalog at: /Academics/registrar-s-office.
    • Military Credits: Courses and trainings noted on a military transcript will be evaluated for transfer credit based on ACE recommendations on transfer.

      *The maximum number of undergraduate semester hours that may be awarded in transfer at Lakeland University is 90.

    Graduate students:

    Graduate students seeking admission to Lakeland University may be eligible to transfer graduate-level coursework from another institution. Transfer credits must be from a regionally accredited institution. Potential transfer credit will be evaluated by the Director of the respective graduate programs. The Director may determine transfer credit may be awarded, up to nine (9) semester hours for regionally accredited coursework in which a grade of "B" or better has been earned and where the coursework is relevant to the Lakeland University graduate program.

    Grades associated with transfer credit are not included in the calculation of the Lakeland University GPA. All work completed at other institutions will be converted to semester hours when calculating transferable credit.

    For information regarding the transfer policies held by Lakeland University, please visit:

    Traditional Program

    Traditional Students

    William R. Kellett School of Undergraduate and Graduate Studies (Evening, Weekend and Online programs)

    Undergraduate Students

    Graduate Students

    Lakeland University has established an articulation agreement with the following schools.

    • University of Luxembourg
    • Sheboygan Area School District
    • Lakeshore Technical College
    • Wuhan Institute of Technology
    • Changjiang Polytechnic, China
    • Nanyang Institute of Management, Singapore
    • FIE – London and Dublin

    Lakeland University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) at 30 North LaSalle Street, Suite 2400, Chicago, IL 60602; 800-621-7440. The Higher Learning Commission granted Lakeland University accreditation in 1961 as a degree-granting institution. Colleges accredited by the Higher Learning Commission are reviewed regularly to reaffirm accreditation. Lakeland University's last comprehensive evaluation took place in 2019. Following that visit, upon the recommendation of the visiting team, the
    University received a ten-year reaffirmation of accreditation. The Higher Learning Commission conducted Lakeland’s Year 4 review in Summer 2023, and the University remains in good standing with the accrediting body. Students may receive a copy of Lakeland University's accreditation by contacting Paul White, Director of Institutional Research,

    Lakeland University's undergraduate teacher education and graduate school counselor preparation programs are approved by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction.

    Lakeland University's graduate program in clinical mental health counseling is approved by the Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services as a pre-approved professional counseling program under MPSW 14.01.

    Lakeland University's graduate program in clinical mental health counseling is also approved as a pre-certification program for substance abuse counselors by the Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Standards.

    Lakeland University is a member in good standing of the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA). As such, Lakeland is authorized to deliver its programs and services to residents of participating states, territories, and protectorates. For a list of participating states, visit the NC-SARA website (

    The baccalaureate degree program in nursing is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (

    Lakeland University's Accreditation

    The Lakeland University Traditional Undergraduate Catalog and the William R. Kellett School of Undergraduate and Graduate Studies Catalog provide information about the academic programs, including requirements for successfully completing a program offered at Lakeland University. Information regarding specific courses, including course numbers, co- and pre-requisites, along with descriptions, may also be found in the catalogs. The catalogs provide a directory of faculty, along with a list of college administrators and Board of Trustee members. The catalogs are published each academic year, and every effort is made to ensure information is accurate at the time of publication.

    Academic program requirements may be found in the Academic Catalog is available here.

    Information regarding the college's main campus setting may be found here. Learn about the Lakeland University William R. Kellett School of Undergraduate and Graduate Studies Centers here.

    Lakeland University's Master of Arts in Counseling program with a Clinical Mental Health Counseling emphasis meets the Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services requirements for education for a Wisconsin Licensed Professional Counselor. The Master of Arts in Counseling program with a School Counseling emphasis and the college's certifiable Education undergraduate program are approved by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction. Students completing any of these programs who seek licensure in states other than Wisconsin may have to fulfill additional requirements. Students should refer to the applicable state agencies for further information.

    Annually on September 17th, Lakeland University holds an educational event pertaining to the United States Constitution in honor of Constitution Day. This event is in compliance with Federal legislation for educational institutions receiving Federal funding.

    Percentage of enrolled, full-time students in these categories: Male, Female, Self-identified members of a racial or ethnic group can be found at

    To review the disabilities policy, please see the section entitled, "Student Disabilities Policy" in the Student Handbook.

    Student Handbook

    The Requirements And Procedures For Officially Withdrawing From The School

    Traditional Undergraduate Students: Students who wish to withdraw from Lakeland in the middle of the term or who expect to leave Lakeland after completing their current coursework must complete the withdrawal from institution process. Using the withdrawal from institution form, consult with and collect the additional signatures/approvals needed from:

    • Academic Advisor – academic impact
    • Athletics – regarding athletic eligibility
    • Business Office – in order to clear student account
    • Financial Aid or Veteran’s Coordinator – regarding impact on eligibility and current term benefits
    • International-SEVIS Designated School Official - regarding F1 visa status issues
    • Library Services – to return materials
    • Residence Hall – turn in keys and remove belongings

    Starfish is used to send notices of intent to withdrawal for other transactions to take place.

    A student receives a W grade for a withdrawn course if completed prior to the withdrawal deadline.

    William R. Kellett School of Undergraduate and Graduate Studies Students: Students who wish to withdraw from Lakeland during a term must contact their Kellett advisor and complete the official withdrawal process if they wish to withdraw in good standing. (Please refer to the "Financial Information" section of this catalog for the refund policy.)

    For more information visit: Traditional Day Students or William R. Kellett School of Undergraduate and Graduate Studies Students

    All Students: Students who are receiving financial assistance are strongly encouraged to consult with a representative from Financial Aid to identify and understand the financial assistance/monetary implications of processing this withdrawal transaction. (Please refer to the "Return of Title IV Federal Student Aid" section of the catalog for more information.)

    International students with F1/J1 visas must consult with the International Student Office to discuss the serious immigration consequences that may result from withdrawing from Lakeland.

    For more information visit: Academic Catalog

    These charts include offenses that were reported to the Lakeland University Safety and Security Department, Sheboygan County Sheriff's Department, and other University officials who have significant responsibilities for student and campus activities. These offenses are compiled in accordance with the provisions of the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act.

    2023 ASFSR Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (PDF)

    School policies and sanctions related to copyright infringement including a statement that explicitly informs its students that unauthorized distribution of copyrighted material, including unauthorized peer-to-peer file sharing, may subject the students to civil and criminal liabilities; a summary of the penalties for violation of Federal copyright laws and a description of the schools policies with respect to unauthorized peer-to-peer file sharing, including disciplinary actions that are taken again students who engage in illegal or unauthorized distribution of copyrighted materials using the school's information technology system.

    For the full policy instilled by Lakeland University please visit: Full Policy

    The possible criminal penalty for copyright infringement is up to five years in prison and up to a $250,000 monetary fine.
    For more information please visit:

    Uploading or downloading works protected by copyright without the authority of the copyright owner is an infringement of the copyright owner's exclusive rights of reproduction and/or distribution. Anyone found to have infringed a copyrighted work may be liable for statutory damages up to $30,000 for each work infringed and, if willful infringement is proven by the copyright owner, that amount may be increased up to $150,000 for each work infringed. In addition, an infringer of a work may also be liable for the attorney's fees incurred by the copyright owner to enforce his or her rights.

    Visit: Fair-Use FAQ

    Health and Safety

    Lakeland University is concerned about the way in which alcohol use and abuse can affect the individual employee, the rights and well-being of non-users, and the primary mission of the institution. Therefore, Lakeland University's alcohol and drug policy is designed to promote responsible behaviors and attitudes as they relate to the use of alcohol, to inform employees about the possible effects of the use of alcohol upon themselves and the community, to help individual employees experiencing difficulties associated with the use of alcohol, and to explicitly require adherence to local, state and federal laws regarding alcohol and drugs.

    State law and local ordinances relating to alcohol:

    The use of alcoholic beverages on Lakeland property must be in accordance with the laws of the State of Wisconsin and the Town of Herman. The following are some, but not all, of the important points relative to alcoholic beverages:

    It is unlawful for any person:

    1. under the age of 21 years to have alcoholic beverages in his/her possession;
    2. to sell, give, serve, or permit alcoholic beverages to be served to a person under 21 years of age;
    3. to misrepresent or misstate his or her age or any other person for the purpose of selling, giving, serving, or delivering any alcoholic beverages to a person under 21 years of age. Imitation or altered Campus Cards or other forms of identification, if found, will be confiscated and destroyed and individuals may be subject to corrective action.
    4. to consume or have in his or her possession any alcoholic beverages in an open container on any campus street, sidewalk or undesignated area.

    Lakeland University's alcohol and drug policy:

    1. All employees are required to comply compliance with state laws, local ordinances, and college regulations as they apply to the use of alcohol and drugs on the Lakeland campus.
    2. All employees are prohibited from the unlawful manufacturing, distribution, possession, or use of illicit drugs on, or about any college property, or at any college-sponsored activity, whether on or off-campus.
    3. All employees are required to report to work free of the influence of alcohol and/or controlled substances.
    4. All employees are required to report their own conviction under a criminal drug statute for violations incurring either in the workplace or during the performance of college-related duties within five (5) days after the conviction, as required by the Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988. Within 30 days of receiving notice of a conviction, the college will take appropriate action, such as employee termination, or required participation in an abuse assistance or rehabilitation program.
    5. Individuals prohibited from the use of alcoholic beverages, as defined by State of Wisconsin law, cannot drink alcohol, regardless of whether they are on campus, one of the other Lakeland University locations, or at college-sponsored events, regardless of whether those events are on or off-campus.
    6. Employees must refrain from sharing, purchasing, serving, or encouraging the consumption of alcoholic beverages by underage individuals regardless of location (whether on or off- campus) or the nature of the event (whether an official college event or not). No matter the circumstance, individuals who furnish alcohol to minors will face legal and/or college corrective action.
    7. Individuals are encouraged to look out for the safety and welfare of their college peers and/or guests who have been drinking. This may include providing transportation to/from off-campus events or to a hospital, or may include calling campus security, the police, or medical personnel.
    8. College-sponsored events where alcohol is offered must have a proportionate amount of non-alcoholic beverages and food such as chips, crackers, popcorn, etc.
    9. With the scheduling of an event, individuals assume responsibility for implementing a system to prevent underage individuals from being served or acquiring alcoholic beverages.
    10. Inappropriate behavior stemming from the consumption of alcohol or controlled substances shall result in corrective action against the employee.
    11. Employees are prohibited from consuming alcohol in residence halls and suites. Exceptions to this policy must receive prior approval from the president of the college.
    12. Employees are prohibited from consuming alcohol while supervising or chaperoning college-sponsored student events or classes. Exceptions to this policy must receive prior approval from the president of the college.
    13. Paragraphs 11 and 12 above, and the rest of this policy, including those provisions regarding inappropriate behavior, remain in effect regardless of any specific exception made to paragraphs 11 or 12 above.

    Violation of any part of this policy will result in corrective action that may include referrals as discussed below, suspension, or termination of employment. Any member of the college community who violates the provisions of this policy, or whose behavior is impaired by alcohol or controlled substances, may be required to complete an Employee Assistance Program referral as a condition of continued employment. Violations of this policy may also result in corrective action, up to and including suspension or termination of employment from the college and referral for prosecution.

    Likewise, employees who need help in dealing with alcohol or drug related problems are encouraged to seek professional assistance. The Employee Assistance Program can provide assessments or interventions for individuals seeking help. An employee's participation in the program will be encouraged and handled confidentially.

    All new students are required to provide dates/proof for Tetanus (Tdap) and 2 doses of Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR). A Tuberculosis skin test (TB) is also required within 12 months of coming to campus. Students are encouraged to have this done prior to coming on campus, but the skin test is available through the college Health Center. The Meningitis, Varicella and Hepatitis B vaccines are strongly recommended. No immunizations are done at the Health Center.

    Wisconsin State Statue 36.25(46) requires all students who will be residing in a campus residence hall to be informed yearly about the risks associated with Hepatitis B and Meningococcal diseases and the vaccines available to prevent these diseases. Each student residing in a campus residence must indicate if he/she has received the vaccines or sign the waiver.

    The waiver and section to provide the immunization dates are located on the Health & Counseling page.

    Alcohol and drug abuse have many health risks. Excessive use has immediate effects that increase the risk of many harmful health conditions. Over time, excessive alcohol and drug use can lead to the development of chronic diseases, neurological impairments and social problems. Below is a complete and detailed account of these health risks.

    Drug Fact Sheets
    Fact Sheets- Alcohol Use and Health
    NIH Brochures and Fact Sheets

    Lakeland University recognizes that the use of alcohol and other drugs can significantly interfere with the mission of the university and pose a serious threat to the health and well-being of the members of our community. Our comprehensive harm reduction approach to alcohol and drug prevention and intervention focuses on the early introduction of education and skill building, as well as correcting misperceptions that many students hold about college alcohol, tobacco, and other drug use to reduce the harmful consequences of alcohol and other drug use. Our goal is to support students in achieving their personal and academic potential. Lakeland follows and implements best practices per the: National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Addiction and

    Please visit our Health & Counseling page to submit a reporting form.

    Health & Counseling

    Student Outcomes

    First-to-Second Year Retention Rates

    Retention rates measure the percentage of first-time students who are seeking bachelor's degrees who return to the institution to continue their studies the following fall.

    Retention rates for first-time students pursuing bachelor's degrees who began their studies in fall 2015 and returned in fall 2016: full-time students – 62%, part-time students – 47%.

    Overall Graduation Rate and Transfer-Out Rate

    The overall graduation rate is also known as the "Student Right to Know" or IPEDS graduation rate. It tracks the progress of students who began their studies as full-time, first-time degree- or certificate-seeking students to see if they complete a degree or other award such as a certificate within 150% of "normal time" for completing the program in which they are enrolled.

    Some institutions also report a transfer-out rate, which is the percentage of the full-time, first-time students who transferred to another institution.

    Note that not all students at the institution are tracked for these rates. Students who have already attended another postsecondary institution, or who began their studies on a part-time basis, are not tracked for this rate. At this institution, 24 percent of entering students were counted as "full-time, first-time" in 2016.

    Percentage of full-time, first-time students who began their studies in fall 2010 who graduated or transferred out within 150% of "normal time" to completion for their program: 54% overall graduation rate, transfer-out rate not reported. Not all institutions report transfer-out rates.

    Bachelor's Degree Graduation Rates

    Bachelor's degree graduation rates measure the percentage of entering students beginning their studies full-time and are planning to get a bachelor's degree and who complete their degree program within a specified amount of time.

    Graduation Rates for Students Pursuing Bachelor's Degrees

    Percentage of full-time, first-time students who began their studies in fall 2010 and received a degree or award within 150% of "normal time" to completion for their program by gender for students pursuing bachelor's degrees: 51% of males, 57% of females.

    Percentage of full-time, first-time students who began their studies in fall 2010 and received a degree or award within 150% of "normal time" to completion for their program by race/ethnicity for students pursuing bachelor's degrees: American Indian or Alaska Native - 75%, Asian - 0%, black or African-American 38%, Hispanic/Latino - 43%, white - 57%, race/ethnicity unknown - 0%, non-resident alien - 100%.

    This information is also published on the National Center for Education Statistics website.

    • If the school determines that its mission includes providing substantial preparation for students to enroll in another eligible school it must prepare the transfer-out rate of its certificate or degree-seeking, first time, full-time undergraduate students.

    The mission of Lakeland is not to provide substantial preparation for student to enroll in another eligible undergraduate institution.

    Student outcomes

    Lakeland University surveys graduates one-year post-graduation. Placement data for graduates completing the alumni survey from 2009 – 2012 is on the link below.

    Placement data

    Lakeland University is required to establish and consistently apply standards of Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) for all students who receive funds from Title IV programs of financial assistance. The policy requires that the college use quantitative and qualitative methods to measure student's academic progress. This policy requires a review of student progress after every payment period. For additional information, please refer to the Lakeland University's Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy.

    An appeal process exists for anyone whose financial aid eligibility is terminated as a result of failure to meet the conditions of the Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy. Those students affected will receive notice of the appeal process.

    Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy

    Every academic program at Lakeland University has identified a series of Program Learning Outcomes (PLOs) by which the faculty within the program may know whether students are learning what the faculty intend during their study. PLOs were developed by faculty after mapping program curricula to intended learning outcomes or goals for each program.

    On an annual basis, each program collects data on one or more PLOs in a planned and thoughtful manner. Each program schedules its data collection so that every PLO is evaluated at least once during any given 5-year cycle. Faculty chose this system because some smaller programs only offer upper-level courses periodically as students move through the sequence of courses, but every PLO for a program is tied to a course that is generally offered with a 5-year cycle.

    At the end of each year, program faculty develop a report on the PLOs evaluated that year. This report includes the PLO measured, a summary of the results observed, what the results tell the faculty about the PLO and the curriculum, what steps the faculty will take to improve student learning in the next year, and what PLOs will be evaluated in the following year. All of the individual program reports are collected and reviewed by the Academic Assessment Team annually.

    Questions about this process and assessment efforts at Lakeland University should be directed to the Vice President for Academic Affairs.

    Professional Licensure Disclosures

    The University provides information on professional programs that lead to licensure or certification in compliance with federal regulations, specifically 34 CFR § 668.43 (a)(5)(v), § 668.43 (c), and § 600.9 (c)(2)(i)-(iii). These professional licensure programs are defined as those that are designed to meet educational requirements for a specific professional licensure or certification that is required for employment in an occupation.

    Student State of Residence

    The requirements for professional licensure can vary from state to state, so it is important for the University to be informed when a student enrolled in a professional program changes their residence. Students are responsible to notify the University when their permanent address changes.

    Professional Licensure Programs

    Program faculty determine the status of educational requirements for licensure in each State as Met, Not Met, or Undetermined and review them on a regular basis. Students who plan to pursue licensure for any program should be aware that individual state requirements change frequently, and each student should always check with licensure board in the student’s state of residence (or intended residence) to confirm licensure requirements. Many state licenses require additional licensure steps such as professional examinations, background checks, work experience, and so on that are not met within the program; students are individually responsible for determining the specific additional requirements of their states of residence.

    The following Lakeland University programs meet the federal definition of a professional licensure program:

    The linked PDF file contains information for each of the above programs for each state and territory as known to the faculty of Lakeland University.

    Intercollegiate Athletic Program

    Lakeland University complies with the requirements of the Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act (EADA) by completing an annual report of our institution's intercollegiate athletic programs. The report is available on the U.S. Department of Education's Office of Postsecondary Education website.

    To receive additional information about Lakeland University's athletic programs, please visit or contact the Athletic Department at 920-565-1512.

    Beginning in 2020, Division III institutions were required to submit student-athlete graduation information. For more information on the Summary of Division III Academic Success Rates, visit Summary of Division III Academic Success Rates - For Lakeland University graduation rates data, please contact the athletics department or the Director of Institutional Research.

    Completion/Graduation Rates for Lakeland University student athletes is available here from the NCAA.

    Lakeland's information Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act can be accessed here. You can also request a copy of this report from one of the following locations: Athletics office, admissions, dean of student's office, registrar's office, financial aid.

    Voter Registration

    Anyone wishing to vote in the state of Wisconsin has three options to register:

    1. ONLINE: Download the Application for Voter Registration MyVote Wisconsin, complete the form, and mail it to the municipal clerk's office. The application must be postmarked no later than the 20th day (3rd Wednesday) before the election.
      PLEASE NOTE: State and federal law now requires that any first-time voter submitting a registration application by mail provide a copy of an acceptable identifying document that provides proof of residence. (A "first-time voter" is an individual who has not voted in an election in Wisconsin.) Acceptable forms of proof of residence are outlined below. Please note that first-time voters registering by mail may not use a residential lease as proof of residence. A copy of the form of proof of residence must be included when submitting the registration application. Suppose a copy of proof of residence is not included. In that case, the elector will be required to supply it before being issued a ballot at the polling place or before being issued an absentee ballot in the municipal clerk's office.
    2. IN PERSON: Register in the municipal clerk's office until 5 p.m. or the close of business, whichever is later on the Friday before the election. Note: After the BY MAIL deadline, an elector registering in person in the clerk's office is required to present acceptable proof of residence as outlined below.
    3. AT THE POLLING PLACE ON ELECTION DAY: If you wish to register to vote at your polling place, you must bring proof that you reside at your present location. For purposes of voter registration, acceptable forms of proof of residence must include:
      1. A current and complete name, including both the given and family name; and
      2. A current and complete residential address, including a numbered street address, if any, and the name of a municipality.

    NOTE: Proof of residency is required for voter registration and must be current and valid. The purpose of the proof of residency document is to establish the voter's current address, not to prove that the voter complies with the 28 consecutive-day residency requirement. The voter's sworn statement on the registration form that they meet the 28-day requirement shall be presumed to be true unless the inspector or a challenger has first-hand knowledge sufficient to question the certification.

    Notes on other HEA-Require Disclosures

    Lakeland University does not have certificate programs that require gainful employment disclosure.

      Disclosure Requirements relating to education loans

      The Lakeland University Financial Aid & Educational Funding Office has adopted and will follow the Statement of Ethical Principles and Code of Conduct for Financial Aid Professionals as created by the National Student Financial Aid Administrators (NASFAA). The Lakeland University Financial Aid & Educational Funding Office is dedicated to providing customer service to our students and their families with the appropriate level of professionalism and commitment to ethical standards.

      National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (NASFAA)

      NASFAA's Statement of Ethical principles provides that the primary goal of the institutional financial aid professional is to help students achieve their educational potential by providing appropriate financial resources. To this end, this Statement provides that the financial aid professional shall:

      • Be committed to removing financial barriers for those who wish to pursue postsecondary learning.
      • Make every effort to assist students with financial need.
      • Be aware of the issues affecting students and advocate their interests at the institutional, state, and federal levels.
      • Support efforts to encourage students, as early as the elementary grades, to aspire to and plan for education beyond high school.
      • Educate students and families through quality consumer information.
      • Respect the dignity and protect the privacy of students, and ensure the confidentiality of student records and personal circumstances.
      • Ensure equity by applying all need analysis formulas consistently across the institution's full population of student financial aid applicants.
      • Provide services that do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age or economic status.
      • Recognize the need for professional development and continuing education opportunities.
      • Promote the free expression of ideas and opinion, and foster respect for diverse viewpoints within the profession.
      • Commit to the highest level of ethical behavior and refrain from conflict of interest or the perception thereof.
      • Maintain the highest level of professionalism, reflecting a commitment to the goals of the National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators.

      Lakeland University, as a participant in the Title IV federal loan program, is required by the Department of Education to develop, publish, and enforce a code of conduct. The code of conduct requirements are set forth in the Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA) signed into law on August 14, 2008. The following code of conduct applies to all officers, employees, and agents of Lakeland University.

      Reason for policy

      The HEOA program participation agreement which must be executed by all colleges and universities participating in Title IV financial aid programs, including student loan programs, requires a code of conduct with which the institution's agents and employees shall comply. Such code must prohibit a conflict of interest with the responsibilities of an agent or employee of an institution with respect to such loans, and include the provisions set forth in HEOA related to conflicts. The law further specified that the code shall be displayed prominently.

      Ban on revenue sharing agreements

      Neither Lakeland University, nor any of its officers, employees, or agents will enter into any revenue-sharing arrangements with any lender. A lender as defined by the Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008, amending the Higher Education Act of 1965, Pub. L. #110-315 (2008), (HEOA) as any arrangement between a school and a lender that results in the lender paying a fee or other benefits, including a share of the profits, to the school, its officers, employees or agents, as a result of the school recommending the lender to its students or families of those students.

      Ban on gifts

      No officer or employee of Lakeland University's Office of Financial Aid or any employee or agent who has responsibilities with respect to educational loans shall solicit or accept any gift from any lender, guaranty agency or loan servicer. This is not limited just to those providers of Title IV loans. HEOA does provide for some exceptions related to specific types of activities or literature. This includes:

      • Brochures or training material related to default aversion or financial literacy.
      • Food, training or informational materials as part of training as long as that training contributes to the professional development of those individuals attending the training.
      • Favorable terms and benefits to the student employed by the institution as long as those same terms are provided to all students at the institution.
      • Entrance and exit counseling as long as the institution's staff are in control and they do not promote the services of a specific lender.
      • Philanthropic contributions from a lender, guarantee agency or servicer unrelated to education loans.
      • State education, grants, scholarships, or financial aid funds administered by or on behalf of the State.

      For purposes of this prohibition, the term "gift" means any gratuity, favor, discount, entertainment, hospitality, loan, or other item having a monetary value of more than a de minimum amount. The term includes a gift of services, transportation, lodging or meals, whether provided in-kind, by purchase of a ticket, payment in advance, or reimbursement after the expense has been incurred.

      Ban on contracting arrangements

      No officer or employee of Lakeland University's Office of Financial Aid or any employee or agent who has responsibilities with respect to educational loans should accept any fee, payment or financial benefit as compensation for any type of consulting arrangement or other contract to provide services to or on behalf of a lender relating to education loans.

      Prohibition against steering borrowers

      Lakeland University and its officers, employees or agents are prohibited to steer borrowers to particular lenders, or delaying loan certifications. The prohibition includes assigning any first-time borrower's loan to a particular lender as part of their award packaging or through other methods.

      Prohibition on offers of funds for private loans

      Lakeland University and its officers, employees or agents are prohibited to request or accept offers of funds for private loans. The prohibition includes any offer of funds for loans to students at the institution, including funds for an opportunity pool loan, in exchange for providing concessions or promises to the lender for a specific number of loans, or inclusion on a preferred lender list.

      Ban on staffing assistance

      Lakeland University and its officers, employees or agents will not request or accept any assistance with call center staffing or financial aid office staffing. However, HEOA does not prohibit schools from requesting or accepting assistance from a lender related to:

      • Professional development training for financial aid administrators.
      • Providing educational counseling materials, financial literacy materials, or debt management materials to borrowers, provided that such materials disclose to borrowers the identification of any lender that assisted in preparing or providing such materials.
      • Staffing services on a short-term, nonrecurring basis to assist the school with financial aid-related functions during emergencies, including State-declared or federal declared natural disasters, and other localized disasters and emergencies identified by the Secretary.

      Ban on advisory board compensation

      Lakeland University and its officers, employees or agents may not receive anything of value from a lender, guarantor, or group in exchange for serving on an advisory board. They may, however, accept reimbursement for reasonable expenses incurred while serving in this capacity.

      Students withdrawing from Lakeland University may be required to repay some of the federal, state, and Lakeland grants and/or loans. The federal formula requires a return of Title IV aid if the student received federal financial assistance in the form of a Pell Grant, a Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG), a Talent Incentive Program Grant (TIP Grant), Federal Perkins Loan, a PLUS Loan, or a Federal Stafford Direct Student Loan and withdrew on or before completing 60% of the semester. The percentage of Title IV aid to be returned is equal to the number of calendar days remaining in the semester divided by the number of calendar days in the semester. Scheduled breaks of more than four consecutive days are excluded. If any funds remain after the return of Title IV aid, they will be used to repay Lakeland University funds, state funds, other private sources and the student in proportion to the amount received from each non-federal source as long as there is no balance on the student's account at the time of withdrawal. If there is an unpaid balance, then all aid sources will be repaid before any funds are returned to the student.

      Allocation of Returned Title IV Aid:

      Funds will be returned to the federal government in the following order:

      • Unsubsidized Direct Loans (other than Direct PLUS Loans)
      • Subsidized Direct Loans
      • Federal Perkins Loans
      • Direct PLUS Loans
      • Federal Pell Grants for which a Return is required
      • Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (FSEOG) for which a return of funds is required
      • TEACH Grants for which a Return is required
      • Iraq and Afghanistan Service Grant, for which a Return is required

      Title IX

      Visit our Title IX page for more information related to Title IX

      Lakeland University provides equal educational and employment opportunity without regard to sex, race, age, religion, national origin, marital/parental status, or handicap.

      Institutional Review Board

      As mandated by federal regulations, Lakeland University has established a procedure and committee to review in advance proposals for research that will involve human subjects. The purpose of the review is to assure that the rights of human participants will be protected. Read More

      Our site uses cookies and third-party analytics tools. Your continued use of this site indicates your consent to these services. See our privacy policy for more details. Dismiss this notice