Kellett Cares – LU volunteers helping our communities
Apr. 24, 2020
Lakeland’s Kellett School Community Engagement Committee is leveraging our network of statewide centers to serve the broader population during these challenging times of COVID-19.
Here is a sample of the work that’s been done by volunteers at our centers in the last several weeks:
- Hand-written letters are being mailed to grandparents and other older generation people. Letters are currently reaching people in Minnesota and Florida.
- In Plover, Wis., Local Little Free Food Pantries are being filled with non-perishable items.
- In Neenah, Wis., bread has been donated to local food pantries through Great Harvest.
- In Sheboygan County, Easter lilies were delivered to several nursing home residents, and meal delivery was provided to the Salvation Army along with handmade inspirational messages from children.
- In the Fox Cities, masks have been made and delivered to nurses at Ascension, St. Elizabeth’s Hospital.