Scholarships for Students Transferring to Our Main Campus
The scholarships on this page are limited to full-time, traditional program students who transfer to Lakeland.
2020-2021 Academic Scholarship Opportunities for New Transfer Students
Students who have attended previous colleges or universities may be eligible for an academic scholarship based upon their combined cumulative GPA as noted in the chart below.
|Transfer Student GPA||Scholarship||Annual Award||Renewable LU GPA|
In addition to the academic scholarship above, Phi Theta Kappa members can earn an additional $2,000 annual scholarship. Renewable with a 3.0 LU GPA. Confirmation of membership in Phi Theta Kappa by notation on an official college transcript or a letter of membership must be submitted by the beginning of the student's first term at Lakeland University. Please contact Ben Zuengler at Zuenglerba@lakeland.edu if you have any questions.
In addition to the scholarships above, students may also be eligible for the following scholarships listed below. Our comprehensive financial aid guide also provides a details of scholarship requirements, financial aid awarding policies, and a helpful financial aid process timeline:
- COOPERATIVE EDUCATION: Lakeland's innovative cooperative education model allows students to gain 12-18 months of professional work experience while earning academic credit. Along with the wages students earn, Lakeland's co-op will add an additional $2,000 - $4,000 per year to students' academic scholarships. Renewable.
- ULRICH SCHOLARS: Ten renewable scholarships of $20,000 are available for new students eager to explore the intersection of faith, reason, and justice. Students must declare and maintain satisfactory academic progress towards a minor or major in religion and participate in programing of the Ulrich Center for Philosophy, Ethics, and Christian Thought. Priority application deadline of Feb. 1.
- COL. YONG CHUE YANG SCHOLARSHIP: Student descendants of families who were displaced by the Vietnam Conflict are eligible to apply for the renewable $15,000 Col. Yong Chue Yang Scholarship. This scholarship cannot be combined with any academic scholarships. Open to new, full-time freshmen or transfer students. Application deadline of July 1.
- THEATRE SCHOLARSHIP: Awards $1,000 - $3,000 per year to qualified theatre performers and production assistants. Open to new, full-time freshman or transfer students. Audition required, along with participation in Lakeland's productions. Renewable. Application deadline of July 1.
- ANDRÁS VISKI PIANO SCHOLARSHIP: Awards $1,000-3,000 per year to an accomplished piano student who serves as accompanist to choral students. Audition required for initial award. Renewable upon audition each year. Priority application deadline for top awards is Feb. 1. Rolling application deadline for remaining awards is May 1. Auditions scheduled upon completion of application.
- HELEN BOATWRIGHT MUSIC SCHOLARSHIP: Awards $1,000 - $3,000 per year to qualified music students. Annual audition required, along with participation in a band or choral group at Lakeland. Open to new, full-time freshmen or transfer students. Renewable. Priority application deadline for top awards is Feb. 1. Rolling application deadline for remaining awards is May 1. Auditions scheduled upon completion of application.
Meet with our financial aid counselors to explore your financial aid potential at Lakeland!