Lakeland University and Prevea Health announce new partnership
Aug. 31, 2020
Lakeland University and Prevea Health have announced a partnership that will provide health and wellness support to Lakeland students.
Lakeland’s Wellness Center will continue to be located in the lower level of Brotz Hall. The agreement will include:
- Medical services, including medical evaluation, wellness exams and physicals, non-emergency care of illness/injuries, contraceptive care, low-cost medications, immunizations and lab services. These services, which are free for Lakeland students, will be provided by Prevea Health.
- Counseling services, including personal counseling, sexual assault/domestic violence support, alcohol or other drug assessments, crisis intervention, skills workshops, group counseling and referral services. These services, which are also free for Lakeland students, will continue to be provided by Lakeland staff.
"As a residential campus, making sure students have quick, around-the-clock access to high quality health care services is crucial,” said Lakeland President David Black, Ph.D. “Having a partner like Prevea to provide these services, especially in the times of an international health crisis, instills confidence in all of us.”
“Prevea Health is honored to partner with Lakeland University to enhance student health care services,” said Dr. Ashok Rai, President and CEO at Prevea Health. “We look forward to providing Lakeland students with high-quality health care that is close, convenient and reliable. We are honored to serve their health care needs.”
Additionally, students will have access to:
- Lab services and prescriptions at reduced costs.
- More types of prescriptions available for dispensing on campus.
- Prevea Urgent Care locations throughout the region.
- Care online for common conditions through Prevea Virtual Care: www.prevea.com/virtualcare.
- Prevea Care After Hours, which allows students to reach a nurse by phone 24/7.
- Psychiatric services to provide diagnostic assessment and medication management.