Lakeland College educates women and men of diverse backgrounds, preparing them to think critically, to communicate effectively, to succeed professionally, and to lead ethical, purposeful and fulfilling lives. Rooted in the values of the United Church of Christ, Lakeland integrates the liberal arts and experiential learning to develop the whole person for success in a dynamic, multi-faceted world.
The values of Lakeland College are informed by its relationship with the United Church of Christ and continuing commitment to the liberal arts:
- Inquiry and Academic Excellence. We are a community committed to learning, discovery and creativity as ongoing endeavors. We maintain high standards of academic rigor and expectations for achievement that drive the acquisition and application of knowledge through the liberal arts and practical learning opportunities.
- Integrity and Responsibility. We are a community that is open, honest and ethical. We are accountable to ourselves, each other and the college to uphold the mission and values of the institution.
- Faith and Religious Expression. We are a community that values the study and exploration of faith and religious beliefs. We invite one another to investigate what it means to live a spiritual, meaningful and purposeful life.
- Diversity and Respect. We are a community that welcomes all people regardless of their gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, disability or country of origin. We value differing backgrounds, cultures and viewpoints and accept our responsibility to treat each other with fairness, compassion and civility.
- Service and Stewardship. We are a community committed to socially responsible service at the institutional, local, regional, national and global levels. We embrace our role as caretakers of the resources of the institution and society.