Want to spend a semester taking classes in Tokyo, Japan?
How about London? Or Ireland? Or maybe an internship in Costa Rica?
Lakeland offers students amazing short- and long-term study abroad experiences. In the past four years, Lakeland students study or play intercollegiate sports in 14 countries around the world.
Studying abroad is an amazing way to see the world, to push your own boundaries by immersing yourself in a different culture and gain skills needed to land a job in today's global marketplace.
And, our students can study abroad and still graduate in four years!
Some of our most popular destinations include:
- Lakeland University-Japan – Spend a semester studying at Lakeland's campus in the heart of Tokyo. Classes are taught in English, and students can earn credits toward their degree and pay Lakeland tuition.
- Tama University – Another option in Tokyo, Japan, for students studying hospitality management, international studies or management and information systems.
- University of Luxembourg – A variety of programs are offered for this opportunity in this tiny country in central Europe. Luxembourg is one of Europe's top cities for safety, and students have easy access to many European adventures.
- Dublin Institute of Technology – This is an amazing opportunity for hospitality management majors to study at one of Europe's top school for this major. Students will work in internships and have European travel opportunities.
- London – Offered through the Foundation for International Education, students will take coursework and serve and internship in one of the world's most diverse cities. Student live on FIE's Kesington campus, and have all of Europe at their fingertips.
- Belize – Explore the ecology in a lowland tropical rainforest. Design, conduct and present a research project.
- Germany – Learn the chemistry and history of fermentation, and biotechnology.
Interested in other destinations? We can work with you to help set up a study opportunity almost anywhere in the world!
Never traveled outside the United States? Have no fear. Lakeland provides a customized approach to help students plan for each trip, including developing a checklist for your plans and an orientation for the country you plan to visit.