Your post-Lakeland career starts before you set foot on campus.
Career-focused freshmen upload résumés, and we help grow that résumé with internships and other pre-professional activities.
We work closely with some of the area’s most renowned corporations such as Kohler Co., Bemis, Sargento and Johnsonville, among others, to secure critically important internships. Of course, internships are a great path to fulltime careers.
“We are well-connected with employers, and we have excellent relationships with successful alumni who are now in position to hire,” says Jess Lambrecht, director of career readiness and professional development. “We connect them with our current students.”
Here at Lakeland, we have full-time career development professionals who are well-trained and focused on helping you find meaningful internships and, upon graduation, fulltime careers in your field of study.
A significant benefit of a Lakeland education is that our relationship with you will be personal and ongoing. The services our office provide include:
- On-going career counseling, to help you determine what types of careers interest you most
- Help with accessing and benefiting from various employment databases
- Assistance with setting up job shadowing opportunities
- Multiple classroom visits by area workforce leaders
- Facilitating mock interviews with potential employers
- Setting up tours of area companies
- Preparation for graduate school entrance exams
- Multiple career-related colloquiums
- Helping set up and improve a professional LinkedIn profile
- Personalized reviews of job application materials