The Sheboygan County Scholars program is an initiative of Lakeland University with support from the Sheboygan County Chamber of Commerce, leading businesses and philanthropists. The goal of the program is to retain the area's most promising young people and prepare them to assume future leadership positions within the region.
Scholars will receive a full-tuition scholarship to attend Lakeland University and will participate in exclusive leadership development and networking opportunities. This competitive program will foster the intellectual development, professional networking and leadership skills of the next generation of Sheboygan County's corporate, professional and civic leaders.
Each year, up to 4 students will be selected as Sheboygan County Scholars. All scholars will have met rigorous academic standards and be required to complete a competitive application process — which will include a personal interview — to be accepted into the program. Upon acceptance into the program, scholars will be expected to excel academically, be engaged in campus life and the Sheboygan community through volunteer opportunities and maintain the highest ethical standards.
- Must be a resident of Sheboygan County or a graduate of a Sheboygan County high school (attending at least 3 years).
- Have a minimum of a 3.25 high school grade point average OR ACT score of 27.
Academic Components of the Scholars Program:
- Maintenance of a 3.25 grade-point average.
- Can choose any academic major.
- Brief essay (500 words) on what they hope to achieve at Lakeland University and what they hope to accomplish after graduation.
- Two letters of reference from non-family members who can comment on qualifications, interests and goals.
- If not already submitted, send an official copy of your high school transcript which should include your GPA, class rank and ACT or SAT scores to the admissions office.
Key Components of the Scholars Program:
- Blue & Gold Champion, Tutor, Executive position within an organization, Captain of a team, etc.
- Campus Community Service
- Organize an event, Volunteer for campus tours, Assist with event setup/take down, Campus clean-up, etc.
- Sheboygan County Community Service
- Serve on a board, Assist at local events, Read a book to elementary school, etc.
- Alumni Engagement
- Greet alumni at events, Meet with the chair of the alumni association, etc.
- Socialize with the board of trustees, Attend Sheboygan County Chamber and/or Young Professional Networking events, etc.
Application deadline: Nov. 17, 2018
Interviews: Dec. 3-7, 2018
To apply, visit: https://connect.lakeland.edu/apply/status