Lakeland Announces Student-Run Businesses Inaugural Executives
Apr. 28, 2020
Lakeland has announced its inaugural student executives who will shape and operate the institution’s new student-run business operation.
This new program allows students to create, develop, manage and lead business both on-campus and off-campus business ventures while assisting in developing the next generation of emerging leaders who will be positioned for post-graduation employment.
The executive team includes:
- Brian Brickham, of Egg Harbor, Wis., will serve as Chief Operating Officer and manage day-to-day operations of Lakeland’s student-run businesses (SRB). He is on track to graduate in May of 2022 with a marketing major with sales management and Cooperative Education emphases and a communication minor. Following graduation, he hopes to find a marketing or sales position in the aviation industry, specifically the business aviation sector.
- Carly Lederer, of Sheboygan, Wis., will serve as Chief Financial Officer and will guide the student-run businesses’ financial systems that empower the team. She is on track to graduate in May of 2022 with an accounting major. She plans to stay in her role at Bank First and hopes to work in the loan department and continue to work towards a management position.
- Sara Hanneman, of Wisconsin Rapids, Wis., will serve as President of Develop U & Events, working to develop opportunities for professional and personal development and continued training, and see opportunities for event planning revenue sources and manage all aspects of events. She is on track to graduate in May of 2021 with a major is business administration and a digital marketing emphasis. She plans to seek a job in marketing, hopefully in motorsports.
- Curtiss Dokey, of Manitowoc, Wis., will serve as The Chief Strategy and Innovation Officer and is responsible for identifying and implementing internal and external Lakeland student-run business (SRB) opportunities for financial growth. He is on track to graduate in May of 2022 with an accounting major. He will be searching for a job in tax, and one day hopes to own his own tax firm.
- Amanda Brandt, of Kiel, Wis., will serve as Chief Marketing Officer and is responsible for successfully developing and implementing marketing strategies to help achieve the student-run businesses (SRB) objectives. She is on track to graduate in May of 2022 with a double major in business administration and marketing. Following graduation, she hopes to work as a manager in a marketing or communications department for a local business.
“I am excited for these groundbreaking student executives to join our SRBO initiative,” said Scott Niederjohn, Lakeland’s senior vice president for cooperative education and economic development.
“They will make important decisions that will help shape this exciting enterprise for the future. It will be an amazing opportunity for them to learn how to strategize and build real business ventures that we hope future students will continue to benefit from in years to come. I hope these students are Sheboygan County’s entrepreneurs of the future.”
Lakeland is also creating a Board of Directors that will be filled with local business leaders to help guide the students in their work. The board will work directly with the student executives, overseeing high-level direction, policy and strategy of the student-run business ventures.