Lakeland’s academic majors are spread across three schools, and all three have plans in place to deliver cooperative education experiences to students.
J. Garland Schilcutt School of Business & Entrepreneurship
- The faculty in this school excel at preparing students for their careers after graduation. The majors within this school offer practical, career-based skill development within a liberal arts environment that teaches students the soft skills that today’s employers are consistently seeking.
School of Science, Technology & Education
- Faculty within the School of Science, Technology and Education are focused on asking ‘How’:
- How do we understand ourselves?
- How do we think and act?
- How do we problem solve?
- How do we learn?
- How do we teach others?
- How do we teach machines to think?
- How do we fit in society?
- How do we evolve?
- Our students pursue the answers to these questions by diving in and getting their feet wet through real-world, experiential learning!
School of Humanities & Fine Arts
- Finding success in our modern world – more global and digital every day– requires one to be analytically nimble, critical in mind and creative in spirit, a savvy communicator and deeply understanding of the complex human experience. The programs in the School of Humanities & Fine Arts prepare students in these ways and for this rapidly changing world.